Whats the best bulbs?

elious

I've been reading a lot on different kinds of bulbs and so far i see very mixed reviews. I'm assuming that the variables, such as medium, temps, nutes, strain, and Co2 application, are where the mixed reviews are stemming from. Can anyone give me the lowdown on what the best (or at least the better) bulbs are? I mean, there's super hps, growbright and about a half dozen others that have made their way into the "battle of the best lamp". I don't care so much about the cost, unless we're talking hundreds of dollars more. I just want to know what's putting g out the best spectrum and most lumens.

Re: Whats the best bulbs??

Well i hear you with saving money but does the extra cost pay off at harvest time? The way i look at it is this; if you pay $100 extra to save $50 and make an additional $150 in the end, then you have made an investment. On the other hand, if you spend $100 dollars extra and it doesn't make up at leather what you put in, you've made a bad business decision. In other words, your investment didn't pay off. So i guess that's my question, are the "better" bulbs BETTER for business?

PlantMax, UltraSun, and GrowBright are what I have used in my HPS' over the years and they have served me very well. Just swapped my 9 month old 1000w ultrasun out with a new 1000w plantmax, no complaining from the girls ;)

I've seen YouTube videos with ppl using cheap bulbs and they got great yields. By training your plants LST SCROG or Topping will give you bigger yields & light will reach more of the plant. The more expensive bulbs are just mixed with the color temp. Like more blue or red to serve the purpose of none stretching but offers denser nugs. Point being cheap bulbs will get the job done. Check out CMH bulbs.

Great, well I'll take this into consideration when i buy the bulbs. Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it!

We did a lot of research on these bulbs and tested many, along with spoke to all the manufacturers.

Hortilux is #1 for sure.

I'd say Plantmax is #2 (based on our current research)

Plantmax is best bang for your buck.

have you done any research into the CMH bulbs at all?

from what i can understand, its not quite as good on the red spectrum toe to toe with HPS, but gives a full spectrum the entire crop, including UV for cooking the trichs properly =D

however, cash and intention are somewhat seperate beasts, im yet to buy one =(

J.J. is right, for me it is the bang for the buck since I'm just a personal use grower, but the commercial guys I know use plantmax too. I also have to give it to J.J. for being a straight shooter, every post I see of his is helpful and I like that in the man for being in the middle of the road on products, unlike many that would ONLY suggest the highest priced items. Kudos my friend and I will be hitting you up when I finish my nutes, I want to go back to General Organics, love my Old Age Organics but want to mix it up this year.

I had great results with my plantmax 600w hps which is the reason I went with the 1000w plantmax this go around. Its a big bonus that I can get the plantmax 1000w bulb locally for $45, instead of the $75 ultrasun or the $95 hortilux at my local place, so I picked up 2 of the plantmaxs on my last trip so 2 for the price of one in my eyes and I'm covered for at least 1.5yrs ;).

I do love my local hydro shop it is just like the old school hardware store or barber shop I grew up with, you know the kind if you are old enough, always a fresh hot pot of coffee on the burner, something sweet to snack on, and a couple of guys hanging and swapping secrets and and suggestions. For you younger growers you may have seen what I am talking about on Tool Time ;)

from what i can understand, its not quite as good on the red spectrum toe to toe with HPS, but gives a full spectrum the entire crop, including UV for cooking the trichs properly =D

Yea thats what i would go with. There only $40 at that.

I've actually never really heard of those until your post. Just did a Google search and they seem interesting, possibly similar to those "all in one" type bulbs on the market. I'll have to check them out.

Batcave - $45 for your bulb, definitely a great hook-up there. :goodjob:

whatever bulb you go with make sure you get it from a respectable shop or online vendor.. i got a set up with mh/hps they were cheep bulbs but they blew out on me after 20 or hours.. BOTH of them.. but the vendor is replacing them for me for free..

Back
Top Bottom