What's wrong with my plant?

Barndtb610

420 Member
The leaves on my White Widow are tuning Brown & Crispy whats the problem???
Its in the 3rd week of flower & has been giving me issues since VEG..

Attachments

• 20200616_222034.jpg
    20200616_222034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 20200616_222016.jpg
    20200616_222016.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 102
I believe its a Calcium issue....
Its the leaves that are getting light, and they're turning brownish & crispy...
My dilema, is that I'm 3weeks into Flower, so I'm really asking "How do I fix a Calcíum issue in Flower... Kind of a step by strp guide if possible.

We need more information if we're trying to help

+1,000,000

What are you growing your plant in? What nutrients are you using? What strength/ratios of same? What pH are you adjusting the nutrient solution to? If you're not giving nutrients with every watering, what is your feeding/watering schedule, and what pH are you adjusting the water to when you are "watering without feeding?" Are you using tap water, distilled water, or something else? Et cetera.

Or we could just all take turns guessing until your plant gets better or dies, lol. Up to you.

My dilema, is that I'm 3weeks into Flower, so I'm really asking "How do I fix a Calcíum issue in Flower... Kind of a step by strp guide if possible.
+1,000,000

What are you growing your plant in? What nutrients are you using? What strength/ratios of same? What pH are you adjusting the nutrient solution to? If you're not giving nutrients with every watering, what is your feeding/watering schedule, and what pH are you adjusting the water to when you are "watering without feeding?" Are you using tap water, distilled water, or something else? Et cetera.

Or we could just all take turns guessing until your plant gets better or dies, lol. Up to you.
[/QUOT
I'm using Happy Frog soil, Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Opem sesame, Beastie Blooms, Cha Ching, and Sweet Raw by Botanicare... On the 2 plants that are both showing the same signs, I've been putting the P.H at 6.5

+1,000,000

I've been using nutrients every other watering, and I've been going by the FOX FARM SCHEDULE

I would like to try and help but I don't feel like playing 20 questions right now. So once again please have a look at this link.

I've got 3 ww on the go atm and had random yellowing of leaves no matter what I did..it seems to be a common trait ..I'm now in week 6 flowering and they have just sorted themselves out..u couldn't make it up:goodluck:

I will be able to give you a step by step guide on how to add Cal-Mag in a minute or so. But, first, you have to fix the lights. I see a lot of purple-blue coloring in the background and some funky grayish brown with a hint of green for the plants. Turn off the grow lights and use a regular room light when taking the photos. That will give us a better idea of just what the brown and crispy looks like. We might even see another problem that can be fixed---for all we know, based on the purple lights distorting the other colors the grayish color could be an insect problem.

OK, you think it is a calcium issue. It might be so go to the store and buy a bottle of cal-mag. Pick one, any half way decent hydro store will have several flavors. Mix it according to the instructions on the back. BTW, measure the volume of the cap on the bottle and sometimes you can use it as a measuring tool. A lot of caps are 5 ml and if you are lucky it will be 5 ml of the product to a gallon of water. Mix up a gallon or whatever you think you will need and water the plant. If a gallon is to much then mix a half gallon. Sometimes the stuff will last a day or so and you will be able to do a bit of a follow-up watering the next day.

On the other hand, you can go to a hydro and grow shop and pick up some cal-mag additives in powder form. Those can be mixed with water and poured onto the soil when the next watering is scheduled. When it comes to the dry product I am partial to Roots Organic (I do not think they are a sponsor here so you will have to look up their website which is part of Aurora Innovations or something similar sounding). They have a product that can be mixed with water and they have another that can be used as a top dressing on the soil.

Without a couple of photos in white light and some info on what you are growing in we can only take a stab at what the problem is, so no matter what you do, please do not blame us. We can only guess.

I think that your problem is not Calcium. I have had similar issues and I started tracking it back to not enough Phosphorus and/or Potassium. When I had the Brown and Crispy real bad it was on the leaves right up near and throughout the buds. The plants had already gone through absorbing everything they could from the big fan leaves and were now working on the smaller ones, the ones that are needed for the last stages of photosynthesis.

If you are anywhere nears having the same Brown and Crispies problem I had a couple of times and what some other growers have experienced you will have to slow it down ASAP. Or, it will spread right into the buds themselves and the plant will start to absorb what few nutrients are in the sugar leaves. The remaining leaves are all brown and touching them feels like touching a ball of nails pointing out. It might be connected to the issues you were experiencing in the vegetative stage.

I solved my Brown and Crispies problem by giving a dose of P & K about 2 to 3 weeks before putting the plants into the flowering cabinet or in the week after. Then another dose about 3 weeks after they went into the cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom