I'm not sure what's wrong

Ik0yall

420 Member
So I've been growing these for a few weeks and a few of my plants look like this not sure if its nitrogen toxicity or what but the leaves are turning brown/gray and getting crispy I did feed them some food so idk if I over did it. They are more than a few weeks old I just have had them for a few

16206286321189108787784332362018.jpg

16206286488667566344132929154038.jpg

16206286611316778028469222032330.jpg

You definitely have to provide some more information on the plant and what has been done to it. Start with a better idea of how old it is. What kind of soil or soil-less mix is being used.

I did feed them some food so idk if I over did it.
That is a start. What did you use? How much did you use?

Once upon a time I did give a couple plants some fertilizer/nutrient mix and it might have been stronger than I thought. Those plants started to look like that one but only on the new growth. I never tried that mix of fertilizer again and the problem went away and did not come back.

They are more than a few weeks old I just have had them for a few
Does this mean that you got the plants from someone else instead of growing them from seeds yourself?

So I want to say its 5-6 weeks old they were clones my uncle got from my cousin who works at a distro and I did spray the leaves with flora nova the 2 part system but only used bloom its soil not sure what soil though as I havnt transplanted them yet still the same container he recieved them in all the other plants and clones look fine just the three that look similar to the one above I didnt think I put too much nutes in the spray bottle as the others havnt reacted like the one above. I thought it was light stress/heat stress so I moved them a little away from the light and they seemed have gotten a little better but still crusty leaves I tried not spraying them for a week and still nothing the soil also looks wet still or not draining like the others are

Ok that makes sense I tried not to put so much in the bottle for that reason but I think I over did it one of them looks like it's coming out of it you think the one abo e will be alright if I just water it

don't just throw water at it. be careful. don't drown them while they are fighting to come back.

water / feed as normal : ie only if dry. the damaged leaves won't come back, but there should be enough left for them to support new growth. i think you have enough structure to make a comeback. unless auto.

judging by the size of the container they looked set for up pot. if they perk a bit i'd get them in to their final pot as well. a bigger pot could help if they are ready, but transplant shock on top of everything could be an issue. i'd still do it.

Yeah I meant like water them with just water when it was time to water them. I also gave them some liquid seaweed diluted in water to see if it would help with the stress I also thought about transplanting them in the final pots and no not autos they do look like they are coming out of whatevers happening to them a little

I keep coming back to this plant because it reminds me of a similar looking problem. I just cannot place it yet but I am reading up on some plant problems that do look like the symptoms on that one.

I want to say its 5-6 weeks old they were clones my uncle got from my cousin who works at a distro ...
Have you heard from your uncle or cousin about whether any other clones showed the same sort of problem? Ask them if you get a chance.

all the other plants and clones look fine just the three that look similar to the one above
Three other plants and this one above look similar. I take it that the rest of them look great and are growing like they are supposed to?

the soil also looks wet still or not draining like the others are
The soil in this container is not drying out like the others because the plant is not growing. The plant is not taking up water so the soil stays wet. Do not spray the plant with anything. Do not water. Do not add kelp and try watering with that. Let the soil dry up some more. It could be days, maybe a week, before the soil is ready for a small amount of fresh water.

You could try transplanting the plants that have that problem into new containers with a known soil mix.

I will be back later after I do a bit more reading up on similar looking plant problems.

Possibly the saddest looking plants I have ever seen
I'd chuck 'em and start again; even if you get them to recover, they'll probably be a waste of time
Majority of problems are caused by people 'doing things' to plants instead of leaving them alone
You don't need super-duper magically-enhancing Dust of the Grand Wazoo Snake Oil, just some light and a bit of water

Possibly the saddest looking plants I have ever seen
I'd chuck 'em and start again; even if you get them to recover, they'll probably be a waste of time
Majority of problems are caused by people 'doing things' to plants instead of leaving them alone
You don't need super-duper magically-enhancing Dust of the Grand Wazoo Snake Oil, just some light and a bit of water
Definitely sad looking. But there have been sadder looking plants that have shown up here.

I tend to agree with you about starting over. I do try to save some of my sad looking plants first though; just to find out what it takes to fix the problem, if it can be fixed, in case it comes up again.

Definitely sad looking. But there have been sadder looking plants that have shown up here.

I tend to agree with you about starting over. I do try to save some of my sad looking plants first though; just to find out what it takes to fix the problem, if it can be fixed, in case it comes up again.
A valid point - but once you've been there, done that, I personally can't be arsed to faff about with something that's clearly not right from the start

It's only a few plants that look similar I think it's my fault regardless no need to start over I have 17 more was just trying to figure out if I should try and save them or if they are savable and no none of the other plants look like this one. I'm assuming its nitrogen toxicity.

It's only a few plants that look similar I think it's my fault regardless no need to start over I have 17 more was just trying to figure out if I should try and save them or if they are savable and no none of the other plants look like this one. I'm assuming its nitrogen toxicity.
If it was nitrogen toxicity, you would see extremely dark green leaves in addition to other nutrient uptake issues.

That seems odd. What if the fertilizer I sprayed then with was from last year? But again all the others look great I'll take a couple pictures to show. Just seems odd a few would end up like this. Like I said earlier I thought it was light/heat stress. I've been spraying them with neem oil to get them jump started on a pest program so idk maybe if that aswell?

Looks like Fusarium wilt to me- it's the same fungus that causes seedlings to "damp off".
That plant, and the soil it's in has to go- there's no cure, and it can spread to your other plants, so the sooner you toss it out, the better...

Looks like Fusarium wilt to me- it's the same fungus that causes seedlings to "damp off".
That plant, and the soil it's in has to go- there's no cure, and it can spread to your other plants, so the sooner you toss it out, the better...

According to that page, there should be :
  • Orange, pink, or white fungal growth on the outside of stems
  • Swelling stems that may eventually split due to pressure
  • A spread of decay and necrotic tissue up the stem
amongst other listed symptoms.

It is more likely just the combination of food and neem oil sprayed on the leaves, and (I'm guessing) while the lights were on.

I sprayed 20-30minutes before lights went off
These are the others I'm getting them ready for outdoor so they look a little sad could use water I'm sure

162075757984153082463312409762.jpg

16207575911063884351555932614866.jpg

16207576035146055899565167475327.jpg

16207576133013275522822139993961.jpg

I had been reminded of some photos of tomato plants that had become infected with what was called Tomato Mosaic Viruse.

It is very possible that the bad looking plants are infected with Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) or with Tomato Mosaic Virus (ToMV). Some farming related web sites consider the two to be different problems or two different virus. I also came across a web site out of the University of California, along with some cannabis growing sites and farming sites, that feel that they are the same virus, possibly the Tomato one being a variant of TMV.

More reading and found that some growers feel that if the plant is allowed to grow as fast as possible it will over come the virus and become a good sized plant & produce a normal harvest whether it is tomatoes or peppers or cannabis. The grower has to jump on this as soon as the problem starts, like within days and not weeks.

There is no known cure so once the virus gets a good hold on the plant there is nothing that can be done about it.

I do not think any of these links conflict with the sponsors....

An online journal article for commercial growing...
The Threat of Viral Cannabis Diseases

Pest management web site. There are two photos of tomato plants that look similar to the photo at the start of thread...
Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)-Tomato Mosaic

The second photo of a tomato plant looks like the same problem. From the University of California...
The Real Dirt Blog - Agriculture and Natural Resources Blogs

How using Neem Oil might help if the problem is caught in time and if the author considers the 'blight' to be the same as the virus...
Using Neem Oil For Tomato Blight: Does Neem Kill Early Blight?

So I've been growing these for a few weeks and a few of my plants look like this not sure if its nitrogen toxicity or what but the leaves are turning brown/gray and getting crispy I did feed them some food so idk if I over did it. They are more than a few weeks old I just have had them for a few

16206286321189108787784332362018.jpg

16206286488667566344132929154038.jpg

16206286611316778028469222032330.jpg
Looks over watered but hard to tell if nitro overdose...normally shiny leafs is a sign of overdose but the shine appears with oversaturation too so idk the leafs arent dark green so id be willing to bet its just over saturated with a poor grow environment...

Back
Top Bottom