When do You start your flush?

cherryhaze

When to start the flush? I listen to #freeweed with Danny Danko over at High Times, and he says to start the flush 2 weeks before buds are ready, by first reducing the amount of nutes slowly as to not shock the plants. By our calculations this will be the 7th Jan, I am wondering what your process for flushing is? :Namaste:

For my last grow I just stopped feeding nutrients cold turkey 2 weeks prior to harvest and only fed my ladies molassess water, 1 Tbsp/gallon, which I had been using throughout the grow anyway. My ladies suffered no shock that I could tell. I stopped all watering 3 days prior to actual harvest and that made it easier to remove fan leaves prior to washing and drying.

For my last grow I just stopped feeding nutrients cold turkey 2 weeks prior to harvest and only feed my ladies molassess water, 1 Tbsp/gallon, which I had been using throughout the grow anyway. My ladies suffered no shock that I could tell. I stopped all watering 3 days prior to actual harvest and that made it easier to remove fan leaves prior to washing and drying.

Been looking into molasses, thanks for the tip, I am in hydro though so don't want to block pipes! 2 weeks seems a good amount though. I WANT TO SMOKE IT :D

I don't flush I just remove all but the bloom component of my GH Flora three part for the last few weeks. Works great. I have been growing for over 20 years and I used to flush but now I taper off the grow, micro and cal mag and ramp up bloom starting week 5 of flower Running water over the roots won't pull anything out of your plant so its important to start minimizing the amounts of nitrogen earlier and letting the plant use it's stored reserves as nitrogen is a mobile nutrient.

I don't flush I just remove all but the bloom component of my GH Flora three part for the last few weeks. Works great. I have been growing for over 20 years and I used to flush but now I taper off the grow, micro and cal mag and ramp up bloom starting week 5 of flower Running water over the roots won't pull anything out of your plant so its important to start minimizing the amounts of nitrogen earlier and letting the plant use it's stored reserves as nitrogen is a mobile nutrient.

That's what I think I mean by flushing - I think I have the terminology wrong again. Last few weeks of flower I wean them off their nutes (Hesi Hydro System) I stopped nitrogen 4 weeks ago, and plan to start reducing the nutes down to nothing for the final week, to use up what they have in their system. That's my plan atm :D As always I love this site, and chatting to people with experience especially when one can't talk to people we know about our grow! It is the main subject in our house hold ;) Thanks again :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom