When is a good time to flower?

Brusom

and is there a point when its too late to flower?

i started growing a plant from seed about 6 months ago and a cupple more about 2 months ago. i have not flowered either yet i just started taking clones off my best one all plants are sitting at 18-6 right now.

i want to know if i flower my 6 month old plant or if its too late? also if i could flower one of my 2 month old plants when is a good time to start flowering and is there a time limit? thanks.

Hello fellow brothers and sisters whom worship the green lady. Question just recently upgrade from cfls to 600 watts mid/hps. how long should i veg. heard if your have your plants in veg cycle for a month could increase the yield. and what distance should the light from the top of the plants be. been keep them around a foot and a half.

Brusom: There is no hard and fast rule on when to flower. Ideally, you wait until the plant reaches sexual maturity (ie sends out alternating nodes and/or shows pre-flowers at the nodes). Really, the longer its in veg, the more you will potentially harvest. Just make sure it doesn't outgrow your room. You can keep a plant in veg indefinitely and use it as a mother (which is what you're doing by taking clones from it). As soon as you switch to 12/12, all of your plants will flower no matter how old they are.

Buddhamel40: I think you smoked too much this morning, :goodjob:

Brusom: There is no hard and fast rule on when to flower. Ideally, you wait until the plant reaches sexual maturity (ie sends out alternating nodes and/or shows pre-flowers at the nodes). Really, the longer its in veg, the more you will potentially harvest. Just make sure it doesn't outgrow your room. You can keep a plant in veg indefinitely and use it as a mother (which is what you're doing by taking clones from it). As soon as you switch to 12/12, all of your plants will flower no matter how old they are.

thanks for the reply, i had moved it too a room separate part of the room with its own light and blocked it off with black plastic but theres still a bit of light coming in the rafters, not much.. but it didnt seem to want to start flowering but the hairs are getting longer now that i moved the other lights further away i need to try to find a way to either block the little bit of light or try to get another room just dont have the space for another room. i have like 8 clones and a mother in the room at 18/6.
also this is my first time growing.
and... i forgot my password lol.

Hello fellow brothers and sisters whom worship the green lady. Question just recently upgrade from cfls to 600 watts mid/hps. how long should i veg. heard if your have your plants in veg cycle for a month could increase the yield. and what distance should the light from the top of the plants be. been keep them around a foot and a half.

seems like u can veg as long as you want, and as far as the lights go as close as u can, with out the leaves turning brown i usually have them at about 6 inches away.

Back
Top Bottom