When is the curing done?

Hypnotic420

420 Member
I have dried out my first batch and have been curing it for almost two weeks but I’ve seen people say cure it for 1-2 months. Any one out there have an answer? I’ve tried some of my batch and it is really good now but people say the long the better.

After you’ve smoked it all.... really it just gets better over time but it can also expire. I smoke mine as soon as it hits the jars.
There is a hay type smell at first but that fades and turns into skunk if you dried it enough.
Everyone has their own process and it takes a couple runs to get things dialed in.

DreamingTrees7 if your plants have a slight hay smell. It is either how you dry or that you are taking your plants a little soon. I have ran across that 2 times. Once on a test bud taken too early. The next was putting the buds in jars to early and having everything get moist inside the jar.

Weed can be smoked right away. Curing makes flavors better and brings out the effects of some of the lesser canabinoids to the high. Flavor should get better over time. It should never be like hay. If it does. Something needs to be tweeked a little. I smoke all my strains after they dry. If I find special plants I may leave them alone longer just to bring out the flavor more. I have had a few plants that never make it to the proper cure time LOL.

I have had a few plants that never make it to the proper cure time LOL.
Yes this is fairly common for me lol. That wait time was a killer, especially if it’s my only smoke! Now when I jar them to cure, I put all the lower growth/small buds into one jar, and that’s like my allowance jar. After 6-8 weeks of smoking on that, the huge nearly undisturbed buds have become tasty and smelly in their own jars. Everyone had their own practice, that one seems to work best for me.

I have dried out my first batch and have been curing it for almost two weeks but I’ve seen people say cure it for 1-2 months. Any one out there have an answer? I’ve tried some of my batch and it is really good now but people say the long the better.

2 weeks to a month is good. Needs to be at the proper RH 62% is good suggest using humidity packs like Boveda 62 for the long haul cure.

Basically anything from trim table to 2-3 weeks old we call freshies. They good. Pretty much all I puff. Growers delight. Don't overthink this process use the boveda 62 packs and be sure dont over dry before jarring. Hard to fix over dry - easy to fix too wet.... be sure to check your produce once they go into the jar. Check the next several days every day open the lid check flowers. They should be firm but not hard and somewhat moist. The Boveda packs will keep them fresh for months.

I been using boveda 62s for about a year now. Those things are badass . Well i dried for 2 weeks. Then what not. But the day after i put that pack in my jar it made my bud even better then before like cured it. Dont put wet weed in their though it wont work right. U have to get the buds down around at least 65 without it fluctuating crazy. Only problem i got now is there suppose to get dry when there done. All of my packs still have liquid in them a year later. I used the big ones think their for 1 pound each.i stuck em with qps though. My humidity sensors say its around 65 in the jar without weed though now. Ill prolly get some smaller ones but they say the big ones just do the job better but iunno. The strain was gg4 i seen the most benefit. It made the buds get real tight and like creamy the buds were sticky but not wet and real tight the gooey buds would snap if needed . Came out really nice.

If you leave the pack in a jar with the lid screwed on snug the humidity will stay in the range. If the jar is opened in a low humidity room and closed back up the pack will slowly release moisture until the humidity gets back to what it is supposed to.

If a pack gets dry and hard or crunchy then it has been in a dry jar and kept trying to bring the humidity up.

Dried out humidity packs can be recharged. Takes awhile but it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom