When should i pick her

nosferatu

so this year was my frist grow this plant was horrendously eaten by bugs outdoors so i dug up my parents old phototron 3000sx all 3 u lights were burnt out but they did rig 2 sl-20 earth lamps inside of it and i started this plant in april and its been in here for about a month in all honesty i almost forgot about this plant i didnt prune it or anything and unfortunately my other plants got eaten by deer i think so now its all i got atm

this pic is of when i first put it in on sep 8th
gro1.jpg

and these were this morning
gro2.jpg
gro3.jpg

how much longer should i let her grow i would just look at the trichomes but i dont have a microscope and im not very experienced lol shes getting fed via hydro and in soil i dug up from my woods and shes gettin old im anxious to start some new ones

U gotta look at those trichomes. Y don't u ask ur parents, didn't u say the phototron was theirs? Grab a cheap 3 in 1 microscope for like $10 USD or the hand held battery lighted microscope for $20-$25 at Radio Shack. U don't have to be experienced to look at trichomes. Of everyone that does, we all had a first time. So read this What are Trichomes? Trichome 101, spend a few bucks on a very necessary piece of equipment. I woulda said take a sample and quick dry it, but there's not much left after the bugs. Oh yea welcome to our forums.

As usual BWC, good sound advice bro. Another way you can tell the plant is ready for harvest is by inspecting the white hairs at the top of the bud. In your last 2 pics, notice how the white hairs are still growing straight up. When these hairs bend over and begin turning/curling back down into the flower, the plant has reached it's growth pinnacle.

Although the scope method, in regard to harvest time, is more exact in terms of determining trich color as BWC noted, observing the turn-down process will get you within the harvest time window. Hope this helps...:peace: peace n good luck MF

That harvest window is also displayed in the colour change of the Pistols (white hairs) 50%-70% change to a reddish brown also indicates she's ready to be cured.

Pistils

Not always a sure fire indicator. Think about how pistils react to heat/burn, windburn, infestations, sprays, bug bombs, etc. Under optimal conditions the color of the pistils is enough to cause me to examine trichomes more closely. Then it depends on the type of high ur shooting for when observing color ratios of trichomes.

Sorry I should have said although you are right bwc there are a few other widely accepted ways tell if it's harvest season.

- 50% to 70% of the pistils(volcano was in front of the keyboard) change color.
- Your plant stops producing crystals.
- Your plant stops producing resin.
- The fan leaves and lower leaves have turned yellow and are starting to drop off.
- The smell has reached a peak.
- Bud mass has not increased in the past few days.

Back
Top Bottom