When to flush?

OP is probably wondering what the heck happened to his thread - bet he wishes he'd never asked lol

I guess what we can take from this is if you wanna gradually reduce feed then give plain water for the last few days, go for it even if it's for your own peace of mind, it won't do any harm or cost you any appreciable yield

If, after that, you think your bud could be better then it is almost certainly a dry/cure issue which as has been noted makes a far bigger difference to the quality of the smoke

We need to differentiate between what is organic healthy earth or active soil and any other "kitchen sink" blends with which component's possibly may be components of soil or are otherwise soilless mostly lifeless inert grow mediums resulting from either extreme environmental conditions which resulted in decidedly lacking decomposition of organic fibres and root systems materials.

exhausted soil lacks the very qualities which define healthy earth or active soil.

The harvest and cure are paramount to creating high quality cannabis medicine.

when cannabis is smoked if the ashes do not burn to pure white, its is contamination by either presence of excessive chemicals or insecticides which cause the pop crack and sizzle and dark ash.
My soil has been growing cannabis in containers for several years with minimal organic amendments.

On the ash color you need to back that up with science. I haven't seen anything but bro science on that one.

If you want smooth tasting weed and pretty much all I puff is fresh cut dried for a few days and that's what I like. It's not harsh and only gets better over time. I like fresh flower so I know if its good fresh after a cure its going to be 4A+

Your arguments exclude the bio-dynamics of microbe plant interaction. Just something I noticed in your writings. The way we grow is we grow the soil and the microbes grow the plants. So "for me" its all about the soil biology.

The microbes interact with plant root exudate and this process is extremely dynamic as bacteria live 24-48hrs max.

The plant root exudate will promote different populations of microbes dependent on plant needs at that given point in time. This takes place all thru-out the life of the plant.

At senescence the plants will slow down this process of translocation of exudate and slow down uptake of nutrients from the soil and begin breaking down those nutrients stored in the leaves, that's the process.

So why would adding excess water to the soil during this time make any difference to the quality of flower? Adding excess water does nothing but remove excess Nitrates left in the soil from over fertilization. In a living soil that won't be the case since there's no excess fertilizer since non is being applied.

Even if you were fertilizing soil flushing out excess N has no effect on plants. They uptake N for their needs excess is just what it is. To help with your flavor don't use fertilizer with N in flower. That way less will be stored in the flowers for seed production and the plant will use stored nutrients from fan leaves (senescence).

Back
Top Bottom