When to stop topping a plant

joedaddy805

I've been topping this plant from the start. I was wanting to keep going but i heard it might hermie up on me. but that doesn't bother me i can always use some more seeds.
but i was wondering if all the topping I've been doing for almost 2 months is what is causing my plant to be small and will it kill it slowly cause I'm putting to much stress on it.

i think I'm addicted to topping I've topped every single one i could i think I've topped this plant over 10 times:tommy:
20131205_170917_zpsee0c9b6f1.jpg
20131211_170146_zpsdvhzw568.jpg

well
it depends
the mother I been using is a bush now and I used a clone from that for a new mom
its a bushy little beast its been cut multiple times but kept in 18/6 till about a week ago when I took a few more cuts and decided to flower it outas far as hermie I guess it depends on the type of stress its going through
most hermies go hermie from light stress as in lights going on and off for hrs at the wrong time

DSC023884.JPG

DSC023873.JPG

on the second pic from the top the plant looks like theres a valley in the middle because that's where the light actually was
the plant was growing around and above the light

How long were you growing it in veg for

sometime in august best I can tell from going through my journal
but it was my ogk mom plant and has had cuttings taken from it multiple times and also had cut it just to keep the height down every so often just have to cut it here and there creates more tops wasn't what I was trying for but it just needed to be trimmed to be kept in check

could be nutrients coco is inert isn't it everything it needs you have to add
im surprised tho coco should be faster than soil
soil takes longer

maybe someone else could step in here im sure someone will
im mostly dwc hydro myself
the only plants I have in soil are
mother plants and the clones that I didn't want to throw away cause I just felt it a waste to throw it away when it had roots but had no buckets to throw it in so I just threw some soil in containers lol
my soil plants as far as the ones im flowering is smaller than my hydro plants but I figure its some extra buds I can have at times I don't expect as it takes longer and I don't really have a time table for the soil girls just keep checking hairs and trichs to tell me when its ready
and just to fill gaps on the floor space in the tent

Pot size, lack of nutes, light, temp and genetics could all contribute to slow growth. My ICE plant loves to be topped and my Aurora didn't take to it as well. Topping, HST and any technique that causes stress can slow growth a day or longer as they recover. Maybe your strain would do better with LST technique vs. topping?

If everything is the same as other grows I would guess genetics.

Most likey you will get 19 tops. The colas may be smaller than a single grown cola but you will harvest more with 19 tops :)

Back
Top Bottom