when to transplant+bad lookin' colors

ignint

My plant is still quite small (around 3"). I've checked the root system and it's quite good for such a small plant. I'm just wondering when I should be moving this badboy from a 400mL size to an upgrade...
And i'm wondering if this rancid looking discoloration can be stopped.
It started with the leaves turning pale green...then slowly fading to yellow (of the course of about two weeks). This last week brown "splotches" have shown up along the central vein of each leave and running from the middle to the end of the leaf. None of the leaves have dried at all but it the growing has REALLY slowed down.
i've got it RIGHT under a 100w flouro 24hr light
(it's a little cool) about (73F) water about twice a week
no nutes (would this help?)
oh, it's about a month old...(now i'm embarrased....)

it's dirt...
Is it possible that the light is TOO close to the plants? I was gone for a day my light had fell down a bit and was touching and DID burn one of the plants... it kinda looked the same.

thanks for your help ...and about how big do they have to be to transplant?

if the light touched it yes it could be just from the light .. how close do u have the light to it now and what kind.. and u wana transplant only if need and the minimum amount of times.. so if u transplant now try and make sure its it final home.. u cant trasnplant anytime.. just easier when younger not as many roots that u can mess up just got to be easy wiht the lil ones

it's under a 100W flouro. Before it was about 2inches away (or less)...
now i'm keeping it at least 4-6inches away...
I am DEFINATELY gonna start giving them a break for a few hours in the night...poor things...

I am in a place that doesn't speak english and I'm having trouble finding good nutes.
I think i've seen one that looks a bit too strong for such a small plant (5-10-5)...
Would it be possible to dilute that stuff in water and douse the soil? and no i can't read the label...
don't bother to ask where i am...

and just to confirm: I am now watering once a week and if the soil is dry on top, i'm giving it a bit of a spray and that's all. Is that sufficient for water, yuh figger?

this poor little thing (and it's two siblings) are all turning yellow...heeeeellllp me!

thanks for the advice thus far.

yeah turn them to 18/6. and the lights seems to be fine. Correct on waterin once a week sounds about right or when soil starts to crack at the top the sprouts dont mind a lil dry time. and for the neuts try to find all organic i know its hard. if u must order it offline.

i changed the lights, that made a big diff. The halted leaf growing has started up and some GOOD colour is coming back again.

I recall seeing earlier on this board that you can give them lights for 24hrs during veg..... I thought i'd try it. Maybe that is something you'd have to do once the leaves are more plentiful and the plant itself is biggeR?

I have some very basic fert...have NO IDEA what's in it. It's a VERY slow release thing...i'm doing one application just to see if there's any dif.

It seems changing the lights has done the most good.

thanks for the tips

ahhhh....
okay...looks like they're pulling out okay...

Back
Top Bottom