Where to get pollen

It would be the same as seeds. You wouldn't know if you could trust the genetics in the pollen. Better to supply your own.

True it is a roll of the dice but still nice to not cover the room in pollen
There is absolutely no need to fear getting pollen all over the room if you simply remain observant and are careful. When the males start showing, simply move one to another room, a bathroom or whatever and he will produce pollen pretty rapidly that you can easily collect or bring a female in to shake him all over.. I use a mirror and a razor blade and a toothbrush to collect my pollen, and then I take it back to the bloom room and carefully apply it to specific branches so as to get seeds on that branch, but not ruin the sensimilla on the rest of the plant. I wrote a nice tutorial on this process, and I invite you to read it. Males are not that scary if you know how to deal with them. :cool::peace:

The myth about a male ruining a crop are way over stated. Like Emilya says you will be able to notice them in plenty of time to remove them.

You have to keep a eye on your plants anyway. It is just one thing you should look at every day or so. With proper attentiion to the plants. No problems should sneak up on you. You may not be able to solve them but you will know. You need to pay attention to everything about a plant to really understand their needs.

Also just like females not every male is a good one. Just because it can produce pollen does not mean it should be used. We can't control ugly and stupid stupid people from having kids. We can control which males marijuana plants get to make seeds.

Back
Top Bottom