Where to hang my supp lighting

Curbcalamity

Hey there guys so I can't seem to get a solid answer. There's a few possibilities but I'm not sure which is best.

So here goes
I have a 8'x8' space with 5 315W CMH lights (vertical open fixtures, nanolux)
Currently I have them hung in a dice configuration (I have 5 girls) and I want to get 4 LED bars because yeah more light.

So the idea I've had are as follows
Hang them from centre to outside in a cross between my HID lamps

Hang them horizontally just under the canopy

Hang them vertically between the HIDs
On the tent poles

Hang them facing up in a cross configuration.

Looking to add around the 400W mark so about 100W per bar.

What do y'all think?

That's not really what I'm asking, it's more, where I'd the most effective place and direction to face the light. Should I hang them under the canopy facing upwards or along my walls under the canopy or just stick more on the roof.

You've 1575 watts in an 8x8.....wow I wish. I would suggest a 2nd tent for veg.

I realize it's not what you are asking but man that's a lot of light already. How are you at keeping them trimmed, perhaps a side light would be best. Be warned though I know nothing to be honest. I just wish I could have two 315's in my 3x5.

I will try to show lay out. the dots are your HID the lines are LED bars.

Untitled.png

I will try to show lay out. the dots are your HID the lines are LED bars.

Untitled.png
i dont get this aqt all, why would i not hang them between the outer to to fill in the space between them> the corners meet up already so i dont get your image sorry also gotten 5 20W LED fluro tube style things they i just stuck like, through the arms of the plant. still not getting a solid PPFD over the whole space though :(

You've 1575 watts in an 8x8.....wow I wish. I would suggest a 2nd tent for veg.

I realize it's not what you are asking but man that's a lot of light already. How are you at keeping them trimmed, perhaps a side light would be best. Be warned though I know nothing to be honest. I just wish I could have two 315's in my 3x5.
2nd flower tent wont increase my flowering light though? (shh i have one of those also)
315s dnt give a 4x4 flower spread. like, 4 600W hpos no dramas, but they dont give the full spread. im not sure what you mean by trimmed im assuming you mean height? i Scrog the whole surface area from wall to wall.

oh btw, rule of thumb from us aussies, 400W HID MINIMUM if your aiming for a lb per plant per square meter

You're doing a SCROG with your HIDs in a vertical orientation? You mean it's some sort of hybrid 3D "scroglike" grow that has screens around each light? Otherwise, I'm confused. If it's a true (flat plane) SCROG, orienting lights vertically would be counterproductive.

Pictures, please.

You're doing a SCROG with your HIDs in a vertical orientation? You mean it's some sort of hybrid 3D "scroglike" grow that has screens around each light? Otherwise, I'm confused. If it's a true (flat plane) SCROG, orienting lights vertically would be counterproductive.

Pictures, please.
***EDIT*** nah i literally stretch a green to cover the ewntire tent from corner to corner to maximize my surface area that das enough distance from lights (could do like 3d vertical but that would mean id need a tent where i can wal around all 4 sides

ummm, so thats the exact question i was asking? no nothing vertical i only have under 6' height, i just know friends hve lights under the anopy and say it makes a difference, ive decided to go with something like 3 bars driven by a meanwell either 330 or 500w driver. i just need a 2' wide spreadfrom the bar and it should will it ll my not super illuminated areas. i dont understand counter productive, ive always been told light carries light. but it was more due to lack of headroom that i wasnt sure
nets not in this round so hard to show it just looks lioke a plant sitting under a HID lol but ill transplant tomrrow and put the net in and yeah, pics will follow but......no dont have any pics atm

Back
Top Bottom