Which nutrients - Hard & soft water nutes

re: Which nutrients - Hard & soft water nutes

My water ppm is 100 upto 300 if ive stuck a dirty hose end in the tank (poor effort)
Just wondering if any1 knows the answer to my problem. I cant get a definitive answer to what constitutes hard or soft water.
Im using Ionic soft water nutrients. Plants are fine i suppose (3rd grow)
But maybe i need the hard water one.
Hope someone more progressed than myself can shed some light on the value of H/S water.
And if any knows the science of it id take that all day long.
Thanks guys

Calcium and magnesium dissolved in water are the two most common minerals that make water "hard." The hardness of water is referred to by three types of measurements: grains per gallon, milligrams per liter (mg/L), or parts per million (ppm).

Less than 17ppm is soft
17-60ppm is slightly hard
60-120ppm is moderately hard
120-180ppm is hard
Above 180ppm is very hard

I was recently researching this subject actively. I live in Italy. My water is 'city' but that means it is sources at the mountain springs not too far away. My tap water tastes like spring water and can read all the way up to the 340's at times. All ofThe hard water nutrients I researched were for water that is 450-500ppm plus.

Now I grew up in Maryland where we had a well and the abundance of iron was quite noticeable.... orange stains on everything white. Even turned my blonde hair orange if I didn't rinse with vinegar. My plants LOVE the Italian water but that is because it isn't rich is one overwhelming category but rather like you say... cal,mag, and lime ... the stuff the plants crave. BUT if I were growing with well water where your solids are unknown ... I would look into water treatment options and/or hard water specific nutrients.

But... it sounds like you are moreso in the category of just having good quality water as you say you have grown with it and had no issues. If you have a well you can send your water to be tested and if you get water from another source they should be able to provide you with a breakdown of what exactly is in it.

If you are under 400 ppm and accounting for it when you mix your nutrients... well as they say... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

XxKitty

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom