Which soil to get from Bunnings or Masters?

No, the Quantum boards do not have the option of changing the spectrum. Its not going to make a big difference to your crop if you stick with 3000k or 35000k all the way through. And yes, you will need a exhaust and fan if you are growing in enclosed space and not outdoors. It is important that the air is continually getting changed in the grow space. $200 will get you a blurple LED suitable for a 500 x 500 mm area max, will do the job. All depends how many plants you want to grow and the dimensions of your grow space. If you look on ebay they will tell you on the specs of the lights the area it is suitable for, as they will always state best case scenario take a quarter off from their estimates. I think one of the sites sponsors sells on ebay.

Okay so I've been looking on ebay and I'm tossing up between a Samsung quantum LM301B 3500K 100W for $150 or VIPARSPECTRA 600W but I think it says true power draw 132W for $108. I'm just starting out and only doing 3 plants but just looking for something basic cheers

I always use wet paper towel in a warm place, so far this year I have a 100 percent germination rate from my own seeds. When the white tales come popping out plant them tail down just beneath the surface by a couple of mm. You can use Osmocote cutting and seedling mix from Bunnings if you want to grow in soil, they keep it near all the hydro stuff normally. And plant in the tomato mix only after plant needs repotting. Make sure your water is tested for PH, again Bunnings sells the PH testers and adjusters near all the hydro stuff. PH becomes very important if you grow in coco, not so important in soil but for the best possible result always make sure you PH adjust your water if it needs it. Around 6 has proven to be perfect for me. you can use nitrosol as a starter nute when your seedlings are around a week old, I would suggest water only when the top is dry at least an inch and use a mix of 5ml nitrosol to 4 litres of water to start with.
good luck
Hey Captain, your tips are great, I germinated and put the seedling in the osmocote, it's been 2.5 weeks please see the photos, they're not as big.
Can I use the nitrosol while the seedling is in the osmocote or do I move it to the tomato mix first? I read your other comments and I'm unsure if I'd be over feeding the seedling. Also how often do I use the nitrosol, I'm assuming not every time I water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-231200_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-231200_Gallery.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Screenshot_20200806-224138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-224138_Gallery.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 266
Because Osmocote has nutrients you might want to try a very diluted mix with your seedling at first, maybe 5ml to 4 litres. Use every 2nd time you water while seedling is young. Your seedling looks very stretched, you may have your light too far away. Far too early to transplant, wait for a good root system to form.

Go to Bunnings, pretend you are growing tomatoes. Buy tomato seed raising mix, $4 a bag. Buy nitrosol, $15, water with 1/4 strength nitrosol starting when plant is a few weeks into veg. When plant is starting to flower buy Powerfeed Red $15 for roses etc. Switch to this while, in flower. Outlay $35. i have grown some super outdoor plants with just these things. I now use the same nutes and grow some good plants in coco. indoors. Just pretend you are growing tomatos you will be sweet. Forget all the complicated soils and expensive hydro formulas, not required.
Just planted a few germinated seeds first time grower using this thank you mate ✌️ Looking forward to this

Captain Goodvibes has a Coco guide here that uses all stuff from Bunnings. A few other tent enthusiasts have told me coco is much easier and they wish they started in coco instead of soil..
I'm about to switch my 1st soil grow to flower - grabbing some clones and the clones / next veg cycle will be coco.

Because Osmocote has nutrients you might want to try a very diluted mix with your seedling at first, maybe 5ml to 4 litres. Use every 2nd time you water while seedling is young. Your seedling looks very stretched, you may have your light too far away. Far too early to transplant, wait for a good root system to form.
Hey Captain, I've been following your tips and so far the results have been great. I re potted my seedling into the tomato mix you recommended. Can I continue using nitrosol or do I give the plant a break as the tomato mix has blood and bone in it? Also I used a quarter dose previously do you think I can increase it now? Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20200913_145909.jpg
    20200913_145909.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
Hi mate, I would give it a break from the nitrosol at the moment, let it adjust to the enriched soil. The blood and bone should supply everything the pant needs for a few weeks.

Everything was going amazing, I switched to flower 12/12 on the 11th this month, and started to introduce a touch of Powerfeed Red
For the past 3 days they look like they have been poisoned! Best I can diagnose is overwatering? But I let them go dry for over 48 hours and they kept getting worse.. I decided to give them a small drink of non nute water tonight.

ow.png

Everything was going amazing, I switched to flower 12/12 on the 11th this month, and started to introduce a touch of Powerfeed Red
For the past 3 days they look like they have been poisoned! Best I can diagnose is overwatering? But I let them go dry for over 48 hours and they kept getting worse.. I decided to give them a small drink of non nute water tonight.

ow.png
Hey mate, I'm no expert but I think over watering would turn leaves into yellow. Can't comment on the Nutes.

Hey Captain, just wanting to show you a lic from this morning, my plant is about 25cm, I haven't used any nutes since reporting as you suggested, however a couple of leaves have turned pale yellow, two other are slowly following, do you think that's over watering? Also when do u suggest I move them to flowering? They're 70 days old. Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200929_090320.jpg
    20200929_090320.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 158
  • 20200929_090310.jpg
    20200929_090310.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
Happy to report the big ladies are back to full health. I think it was a case of the soil getting 'clay' like and a lack of oxygen to some roots. Some long wood skewers to poke holes and kind of twirl them around a bit to loosen the soil. Took 4 days for them to return.

Back
Top Bottom