Which Top LED light for a 3x3' Scrog?

Dantes Monkey

Hello All,

Been lurking around for a while and finally decided to jump in and ask a question. I am currently in the process of setting up a new indoor medical garden. Not my first grow, but I'm trying to make it my first grow done RIGHT!!! I am planning on Three 3x3' Tents with a 4 plant, 5gal Ebb & Gro Scrog in each for a perpetual harvest. I will be keeping the plants in their individual tents from clone to harvest.

After hearing all the positive feedback on the Top LED brand on this forum, you guys have really talked me into them for their value and reliability. However, I'm not sure which ones to buy. I have narrowed my options down to these three choices:

a) 3x Reflector 192x3w. $970. I love the idea of using the same light fixture all the way through the life cycle of the plants. This way, when its time to bloom, I just change the light cycle and hit the "bloom" switch. This definitely feels like the easiest way to go, but its a little more expensive and I'm afraid it might be slightly overkill for the space. I also have read that 3w leds are more efficient than 5w.

b) 3x Mars II LED Grow Light 400w (2x Bloom spectrum, 1x Veg spectrum). $857. This saves a little money, but would involve me moving lights from one tent to another once in a while. While this is little more than a minor inconvenience, it does limit my ability to have 2 tents in veg at one time or all 3 in bloom.

c) 3x Mars II LED Grow Light 700w (all standard spectrum). $911 This option would allow me to use the same fixture throughout the grow cycle, and increase light output to compensate for the lack of selectable spectrum.

My main priority is plant health and of course yield. I would love to hear from anyone who is running any of these lighting rigs. If you wanted to maximize your yield of a 3x3 scrog, which option would you choose and why?

I'm really hoping Icemud and CO Finest will chime in here....

Please and Thank You and Happy to be here!

If you are going to grow with a screen, the reflector series is ideal. The initial cost is slightly higher, but you will make that up quickly in the reduced power consumption during the veg cycle.

Excellent point Hosebomber, and thank you for the reply. The reflector series is definitely my first choice. I just feel like the 48x3w isn't nearly enough light, and the 192x3 is too much.

I went to pull the trigger on the 192x3 the other day and notice that the US shipping changed from free to $40. I emailed Sara on this and she said that they are currently out of stock in the US for a few weeks. I'm a little bummed at the moment, but not big deal. I'd rather wait than pay $120 just for shipping.

The Mars II series do not have the switches to boost output for flowering like the Reflectors do, correct?

That is correct, the Mars series lights are all on 100% of the time. Don't forget, only one day left in this months contest for plant, nugget, and member of the month. Link in my signature for easy access.

Thanks again for the info, looks like I'm waiting until they are back in stock before I order. I'll check out the monthly polls and definitely do some voting.

Thanks Jummejum! How are you liking your 96x3?
Do you think its enough for your 3x6' space?
Do you have more lights in there, or wishing you had more lights in there?

This is the one i'm planning on purchasing, I think it might be "that big panel" you mentioned:
Reflector led grow light

I am very satisfied with the panel i've got, but not so pleased with the loud fans that was build in from factory.
Yup thats the one i was thinking of.
My tent is 60x60 surface, but i would probably order the panel mentioned above if i knew better :)

Thank You very much for your input. I'm looking to put this in a 90 x 90 cm tent and I want the screen to take up the entire footprint. I really appreciate hearing it from someone who has first hand experience with these lights.

the 600w model seems a bit unhandy, so might be better if you buy two of the 300w panels? but go and have a look at my thread and look at last page, then go compare the znet light pictures with the topled, on veg setting those panels draw same watts, and nearly as many diodes are turned on, but the znet light isnt no way near as bright as the topled model. No worries, just ask if there's something you'd like to know, i will try my best to help you. But any 3w diode panel will be able to produce some nice green, it all comes down to growing method, and would probably be best to stick to the lst/scrog methods, otherwise penetration will be lacking.

well I think having the 600w will actually be pretty handy. I will be running 3 separate tents with a light in each, so I shouldn't need to have lights a different heights in the same tent. I really just want to make sure I have plenty of light for the area.

Back
Top Bottom