White Castle (photos) - Tell me what you think!

funtogow

Hi Everyone,

Still learing all the ins and outs of growing although this isn't my first crop. Took these pic today...Vegged these gals for over 60 days, they are at about 45 days into flower now. I'm thinking still another 3-4 weeks of flower but want some input from my fellow growers out there.

Cheers!

3-15-10_053.jpg

3-15-10_049.jpg

3-15-10_054.jpg

3-15-10_062.jpg

3-15-10_061.jpg

3-15-10_058.jpg

3-15-10_060.jpg

Thanks GROWyerMIND! I take my time with my girls...:)...No rushing here! I get that light really close to em to begin with and raise it as the girls get bigger. The mylar lining on my walls really helps too!

I saw your Romulan crop posting! You did and AWESOME job with it! Congrats!

Okay, I'm getting really anxious to finish these girls. They're looking better and better each day! Tons of trichs and loaded with buds!
I took these photos today, 3/19/10. Tell me what you think!

3-19-10_018.jpg

3-19-10_019.jpg

3-19-10_020.jpg

3-19-10_021.jpg

3-19-10_022.jpg

3-19-10_023.jpg

3-19-10_024.jpg

3-19-10_026.jpg

Thanks for reassuring me that I must be patient and let em do their thing. Just soooooo frickin EXCITING!!! You say wait 11 more days post when I think it's ready....why is this?

I was thinking of just sampling a small bud every couple of days once I get to the 8th week of flowering to see what stage I like most. I have also been monitoring the trichs under a high power microscope. With the sampling and trich analysis I was thinking I could just go off the trich development in the future once I sorta know what each stage will be like. Thanks for the input man!

Still way early brother!! Looking super sexy though!! When you think you're ready to Harvest...wait eleven more days!! :p

I just read on The Attitude (site sponsor) that "flower in 12 or more weeks" in the description for Nirvana's White Castle.

How many days did the plants stretch from the time you first flipped over to 12/12?

Thanks for the reply man!

I started 12/12 lighting on 2/4/10 so today is day 43. I guess I don't know what you mean by "How many days did the plants stretch".

The info I got when I purchased the seed direct from Nirvana stated 8-9 weeks flowering time. it's on their website too. I'm sure this isn't the case in all grows. Just trying to be careful and not harvest too early but not too late also. I was thinking I will probably continue flowering through about 4/11/10 or so. This is about 9.5 weeks flowering time. I have noticed some of the pistils beginning to turn a brown color and are no longer that vibrant white.

Thanks for all you help!

I started 12/12 lighting on 2/4/10 so today is day 43. I guess I don't know what you mean by "How many days did the plants stretch".

It's generally accepted that cannabis stretches for the first 40% of its total flowering time. After that, vertical growth slows to almost nothing and for the remaining 60% of the flowering period any growth is basically of the "bulking up and filling in" type.

Say a strain has a 100-day flowering period (for the purposes of the easy math). It will stretch for the first 40 days.

If you know that the total flowering period is 100 days, you can better plan your grow as you know that it'll stop stretching after the initial 40. This can be very helpful, for example, if someone isn't running thousands of watts of light (or even if they are, lol) and are using a method of training such as LST or scrog to keep their canopies even (so as not to end up with tall plants that require the light to be raised, thereby not properly illuminating the lower buds), as they can calculate the expected size of the plant.

On the other hand, if you do not know the total length of the flowering period, but have observed/measured that the stretch stopped after 40 days, then you can calculate that the plants will flower for another 60 days. This can be helpful to anyone in planning their harvest date - one wouldn't want to be on vacation when their plants hit the peak, lol.

The info I got when I purchased the seed direct from Nirvana stated 8-9 weeks flowering time. it's on their website too. I'm sure this isn't the case in all grows.

Occasionally, flowering times that are listed turn out to be somewhat optimistic; either because the strain is not stabilized and there are multiple phenotypes or because strains with shorter flowering times seem to be more in-demand, I couldn't say. Probably a little of both.

I have noticed some of the pistils beginning to turn a brown color and are no longer that vibrant white.

Do you have some kind of jeweler's loupe or scope? Places like Radio Shack offer cheap ones. It really helps to be able to actually see whether the heads on the trichomes are clear, cloudy, or amber.

I have access to a high powered microscope with multiple levels of magnification, 25X 50X and 100X. I will look at the trichs later tonight or tomorrow and post back on here what I discover. My feeling is that they will still be clear as I think I still have 3 weeks to go or so.

Okay, I just looked at the trichs under the microscope. There are tons and tons of them, most with mushroom heads and some with no heads (just clear spikes). All the heads and stalks are crystal clear! How often should I be inspecting the trichs this closely? Once weekly? Twice weekly? Everyday?

They are definitely some nice girls! They look like they have had their love they deserve.

I'm keen to see the finished result, keep us updated :bravo:

White Castle and White Castle

I once got to try a White Castle hamburger and your plants look MUCH tastier.

I can't understand why those things (the burgers, not these plants lol) as so popular - they're small, square, and they've actually got a big-ass hole in the center of them. I thought it was that the cook was about to (or needed to) be fired so I went inside to complain and get the rest of my burger and the manager said, "No, that's a feature. It's what makes our burgers unique." Gee, people are taking the guts out of everything these days, that's not unique.

Make my White Castle a nice jucy BUD! I'll, err... take care of the flame-broiling myself.:ganjamon:

Hello everyone~

Here are a few more pics I took today. The girls are definately gettin closer. Buds are beginning to swell and lots more trichs! Thay are lookin so delicious! Enjoy the pics!

3-26-10_005.jpg

3-26-10_006.jpg

3-26-10_015.jpg

3-26-10_022.jpg

3-26-10_026.jpg

3-26-10_027.jpg

3-26-10_028.jpg

Check them every few days but when you start seeing amber watch a bit closer, you don't want more than 30-40 percent amber. The more amber the more couch lock the more cloudy the more head high. Don't go too long they start to degrade after a while .. You've probably have at least a few more wks !! Patience grasshopper !! They sure look tasty !! Nice grow, I've got a grow in my bedroom closet with a 150 hps and a bunch of cfls there 2 bagseed flowering and 2 sativas a friend gave me. There a long way off so with luck I may finish one grow and move those others under my 400 for a little bud booster !!. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom