White Spots

CaidenHenson

420 Member
I just recently decided to go ahead and try a hydroponic method with growing a weed plant. By no means am I a professional and I've only had a couple grows total. But with this new system (I don't think it has anything to do with the system) I've been noticing some white Spots on a lot of the fan leaves. I don't see any webbing, and I haven't found any sign other bugs, other than that, if it is one. But it's just concerning because I don't want to mess this up and start over. I'm currently maintaining 69-70 degrees and about 70% humidity. I have it on a 18/6 light cycle, not the best light but it's worked in the past. Also, about week 3 of the early veg process. Any tips to get rid of these white Spots would help tremendously, also any other tips and tricks are also welcome. Just wanting to get better. (The pictures are of the same leaf, just one with cam flash and the other with my grow light on)

20240222_185839.jpg

20240222_185812.jpg

Any tips to get rid of these white Spots would help tremendously,
Best bet is to inspect the plant slowly from top to bottom. If you do not see any insects then consider getting a microscope or similar to check under the leaves. Most likely the reason you do not see anything right now is because the pest insect is still young and very, very small.

The size and the way the spots are scattered around the fingers of the leaves it does look similar to what Thrips do more than what Mite damage looks like.

The best thing is to try to figure out which insect is causing the damage and then follow a good pest management schedule to get rid of them. After that continue a preventative schedule to keep them from coming back.

The idea is to get rid of what is causing the spots so that there are no new ones showing up. That way there will be no more new spots. Once the spots are there they will not go away.

(The pictures are of the same leaf, just one with cam flash and the other with my grow light on)
You second photo with the grow lights on shows why it is best to take photos under white light or with the flash on. With the grow light the problem does not seem as bad as it does under the white light.

I just recently decided to go ahead and try a hydroponic method with growing a weed plant. By no means am I a professional and I've only had a couple grows total. But with this new system (I don't think it has anything to do with the system) I've been noticing some white Spots on a lot of the fan leaves. I don't see any webbing, and I haven't found any sign other bugs, other than that, if it is one. But it's just concerning because I don't want to mess this up and start over. I'm currently maintaining 69-70 degrees and about 70% humidity. I have it on a 18/6 light cycle, not the best light but it's worked in the past. Also, about week 3 of the early veg process. Any tips to get rid of these white Spots would help tremendously, also any other tips and tricks are also welcome. Just wanting to get better. (The pictures are of the same leaf, just one with cam flash and the other with my grow light on)

20240222_185839.jpg

20240222_185812.jpg
Is that a web?

Screenshot_20240223-181808_Chrome.jpg

With "The Borg", aka, spider mites, if you see webs, it's an advanced infestation!
Haven't seen really any webbing yet, but I'm certain they are spider mites. Hopefully it's not to bad and the process to get rid of them isn't too bad. I've ordered some Crop Defender 3 so we'll see if that does the trick

No but I see why you might think so. It was just a dried moisture spot.
It does kinda look like a web but at second look it reminded me of a dried up drop calcium mixed with water.

Haven't seen really any webbing yet, but I'm certain they are spider mites. Hopefully it's not to bad and the process to get rid of them isn't too bad. I've ordered some Crop Defender 3 so we'll see if that does the trick
Most of the time the first web I have seen is when they place a strand from one tip to the next along the serrated edge of a finger.

Just a little update. I got a microscope and found that I am having a spider mite problem. Off to do some research on getting rid of them.
By any chance were you able get a photo of the leaf when you inspected them with the scope?

Back
Top Bottom