White whispys are turning orange

Sounds like he's just noticed the hairs turning. Might be a little premature to harvest. .
True, what is your opinion on it? I see a lot of growers say to harvest as the pistols turn amber. Nice catch on my quote lol I can imagine that the coloration is not fully developed. I'm wondering how much time it takes once the hairs begin to show color, to being fully turned, few days? A week?

420-magazine-mobile269812178.jpg

It's hard to see cause it is literally two and just the tips..

True, what is your opinion on it? I see a lot of growers say to harvest as the pistols turn amber. Nice catch on my quote lol I can imagine that the coloration is not fully developed. I'm wondering how much time it takes once the hairs begin to show color, to being fully turned, few days? A week?
My opinion is that you got pistils confused with trichomes. No offence. They turn amber but you can't see that shit unless you have a microscope or jewellers loupe. I suggest waiting till the hairs (pistils) are about 70% brown then check the trichs. If the trichs are 20% amber and the rest milky then you are ready to harvest.

My opinion is that you got pistils confused with trichomes. No offence. They turn amber but you can't see that shit unless you have a microscope or jewellers loupe. I suggest waiting till the hairs (pistils) are about 70% brown then check the trichs. If the trichs are 20% amber and the rest milky then you are ready to harvest.
None takin I'm new to a lot of things and did not think of both in regards of color. So yes I was basing my thoughts on trichs and not hairs.. Good lord lol Sometimes my brain enters "skip drive check" mode when processing too much information throughout the day.

How long in flower?.... mine is 4.5 weeks and I have I'd say 4.5 weeks to go. I see the white whispies you're talking about right at the node.... that was your sexing pistils probably the first ones to pop out.
They are done , sure ..... but the actual buds have only started formation it's going to really fill out over the next several weeks .
Wait and wait and then ask us again lol
420-magazine-mobile789261695.jpg

I've noticed that if the hairs get damaged they will turn brown quicker. I grabbed a top bud the other night to see how sticky it was getting. A few of the hairs were brown the next day. I

Bruising-I bet that's why I have some brown ones, because I was trying to weave them under the scrog. But I just read that using Superthrive during flower could cause pistils to turn. Two weeks ago I sprayed the canopy with a light mix of Superthrive and Verde.

if you dont have a loop, get one, lol, or when the majority of the whispies shrivel and suck back into the bud. they are looking for pollen, so when you touch them, they think they got pollen, and try to form seeds, but get blanks, lol..

looks good tho, healthy, have fun..

Back
Top Bottom