White Widow brown leaves

adamrt

Hi guys

my first grow which didn’t go well and I’ve learnt a lot from this site so hopefully my new grows will work better!
The leaves on the white widow have all gone brown and dried up.
It’s an auto and been in the soil for 10 weeks, she started outside and then moved indoors about a month ago, I haven’t really fed it anything just plain water.
Is it dead, ready to harvest or just needs some nutrients?
5ED63270-DF8B-4F4D-B4A0-BCF34ECCEE7C.jpeg

The leaves on the white widow have all gone brown and dried up.
Are you talking about the fan leaves? Did the fan leaves turn brown and then fall off? Asking because if someone knows what is happening they might want to know about the fan leaves if they are making a diagnoses.

Also asking because I have seen a few of my plants do something similar but not to the point where they drop each and every one of the fan leaves before harvest. When harvest time arrives there are still some of the larger or fan leaves left on the plant for photosynthesis.

Are you talking about the fan leaves? Did the fan leaves turn brown and then fall off? Asking because if someone knows what is happening they might want to know about the fan leaves if they are making a diagnoses.

Also asking because I have seen a few of my plants do something similar but not to the point where they drop each and every one of the fan leaves before harvest. When harvest time arrives there are still some of the larger or fan leaves left on the plant for photosynthesis.
I did trim the larger leaves off, it's the smaller brown leaves that are going crispy

I did trim the larger leaves off, it's the smaller brown leaves that are going crispy
Why did you trim them off? Was there a problem with those leaves? The plant needs the fan leaves up to the end for photosynthesis. Your plant does not look like it is dead yet.

I do not grow Autoflower plants but I do not think it is ready for harvest either.

Maybe @013 can suggest someone who grows autoflowers come and take a look.

Oh, I’ve been trimming the leaves without buds to let the light through and let the plant concentrate on growing good leaves, I’m read about others trimming their plants?

you need to keep the fans once it starts to flower.

the fans drive the growth process and are a store of nutrients the plant will use to finish.
your plant is still trying to reach the end and is building. feed/water as normal and keep watch. don't remove anymore leaves.

you're fair close to done so i'd say you're gonna at least get there.

you need to keep the fans once it starts to flower.

the fans drive the growth process and are a store of nutrients the plant will use to finish.
your plant is still trying to reach the end and is building. feed/water as normal and keep watch. don't remove anymore leaves.

you're fair close to done so i'd say you're gonna at least get there.
So I’m also growing a auto Cinderella Jack and I removed some of the larger leaves today, is has just started to flower (2nd from left) should I have not done this?
687B5CD7-C51E-4E0B-9C80-1DE46D36A9B9.jpeg

there's a big difference between defol in auto or photo.

in auto i mostly leave it alone for two wks after it starts to show. then i'll do a defol of about 10 -15% of the fans, concentrating mostly on the bottom area that won't get much development anyway. sometimes i will take some small branches that won't develop at this point as well.

defol in autos done improperly stresses and stunts them, greatly reducing yield. you might be able to use some bigger buckets too.

there's a big difference between defol in auto or photo.

in auto i mostly leave it alone for two wks after it starts to show. then i'll do a defol of about 10 -15% of the fans, concentrating mostly on the bottom area that won't get much development anyway. sometimes i will take some small branches that won't develop at this point as well.

defol in autos done improperly stresses and stunts them, greatly reducing yield. you might be able to use some bigger buckets too.
Along with the auto Cinderella Jack I have a auto defran and two orange critical punch (not autos) I have topped the Jack and plan to to top the others to keep them shorter, what size bucket and any particular bucket do you recommend?

thanks for all your assistance

5 - 7 gallon on a fed soil grow. maybe a bit bigger on a water only or build - a - soil grow.

Oh, I’ve been trimming the leaves without buds to let the light through and let the plant concentrate on growing good leaves, I’m read about others trimming their plants?
The leaves are used for photosynthesis. The plant then stores the results of photosynthesis in the fan leaves and the roots and draws from them when needed. Since the fan leaves are gone the plant is forced to pull what it can from the sugar leaves and this is contributing to why they are starting to look brown and drying up.

Trimming is tricky. A little bit can help form better buds and to much or at the wrong time can slow everything down. Most of the time the growers are leaving most of the fan leaves on the plant. An example is seen in the photos of people growing SCRoGs. They remove the leaves from below the screen but will keep just about every one of them above. Others wait until the last week and then remove most of the fan leaves in preparation for harvest. Some wait until the end and cut off all the leaves so that they can show the size and quality of the buds in the photograph.

Figuring out the trimming is part of the growing experience.

Back
Top Bottom