White Widow Indoor Grow

Bruno4438

Hey everyone, got some questions about growing a White Widow strain.
I'm a newbie, this is my first grow. Still need to learn alot
My objective: Have the plants ready by December 30th so i have something to puff in new years eve.

I have a journal here: First Time Indoor Grow

My questions:
I wanted to start the Floration stage in November 1st, since they need 8/10 weeks to have juicy buds
1- Do you guys think i can start flowering at November 1st and get 20/30g dry of each plant?
2- When should i start FIM'ng the plants? 2nd or 3rd node?
3- Do you guys think i can have my plants ready by the end of December?

Hi and Welcome to :420:

Q1: you can start the flowering period whenever you want, even just from seed, but keep in mind that the longer it vegetates, the better and more weed you'll get in the end. So in this regard anyone would advice you to be patient, it really pays off to be.
As to the quantity, I don't believe you'll be able to get that much from any of this plants, given the time frame and space constrictions you have.

My advice for this is, put only one plant to flower on Nov. 1st so you can have that for new years, but keep the other two vegging for longer and you'll get much better and much more weed only a couple of weeks later.

Q2: You can FIM normally after the 3rd-4th node. I'd not recommend doing it too early because if you screw it up then you won't have enough branches (and yield) to male it worth it. Experiment with one plant at first and see how you do and improve your technique from crop to crop. Remember, patience is a virtue.

Q3: Yes, you can have them ready, but at the expense of quantity and quality. I'd advice you to flower just one for new years and keep the rest for later.

Hope it helps,

Good luck and happy growing!!

Currently i have 30W and 33W installed, both 6400K.

I also have a 23W 2700K, and 2 18W 6400K that i can't use because i don't know how to make it work in what i have right now.
I looked for those that split in 2 and 4, but can't seem to find one of those anywhere

Well, it would definitely be more economical for you to get a couple Y-splitters from your local hardware store (like $2-3 each) and put two more 30's in there. I have noticed that a bunch of small CFL's tend to put off more heat than one large CFL. My 125 watt runs so cool that leaves can be actually touching it and as long as a fan is on it won't burn. But that is not true of the smaller ones. However, the 23's and 30's are dirt cheap.

I think you should be able to get 1/4 by new years, however like everyone says, CFLs by themselves take longer to mature the plants. I use 7x 20w (120w equivalent) as a support for the lower branches but a 400w HPS on top.
So anyways, you will be able to get enough weed to smoke with your friends but don't expect it to be the best or a huge amount

The best advice I could give you is save some money and get a tent and a decent light. You don't need a lot of fancy equipment at first so if you can get your hands on about $200 you should be able to get a tent, light, a fan, and a few other small things you might need . You'll get your investment back on the first harvest so borrow the money if you must, you can pay it back with a few grs.

At the very least you should get a bigger space, the one you're working with is way too small. You have to understand that having more plants does not translate into a bigger yield. With the space you have, I can guarantee that one plant is going to yield more than two, this is basically because they get in the way of one another.

Why would it be hard to keep one plant in veg and another on flower? you just build a second cabinet like the one you have and problem solved.
Having two separate environments is by far the best option because it allows you to keep a perpetual cycle and harvest every two months. Even having only one plant in each stage should yield you enough to smoke for those 9 weeks. You will have to train your plants and adapt them to the small environment, which in the long run might end up being a lot more work than having a big space.

I'm high so that's all I got for now.

Back
Top Bottom