First Time Indoor Grow

Bruno4438

Hey everyone, i've never planted anything before, this will be my first ever grow.

The box i have it's pretty small, i will probably plant 2 or 3 plants.
I bought White Widow seeds, they arrived today and i decided to do this journal and post updates whenever i can.
The pots i will use are around 18cm diameter.

Here's the soil i bought:
BNmmsJu.jpg

CMo8Kgc.jpg

Box:
t0i8yx2.jpg

Lamp, it's a 21W that goes to 118W in 90secs, thinking about adding 2 more if i see that the progress is going to slow.
U71jl7K.jpg

Fans:
THjFDJL.jpg

Germination Pot:
xO6Q5n6.jpg

Small Pot (12cm):
qygnpZ5.jpg

Final Pot (18cm):
JdbUG7D.jpg

Nuts:
Veg:
IIMuENO.jpg

Floring:
aPe0P6t.jpg

Just got this today:
m88PnZH.jpg

After a hour of being in the water, they all sinked, which is great

I'd like if you guys would post any critics or helpful tips to make it a good grow.
Don't forget, i'm new at this, first time growing!

Welcome to the site!
Some advice if those are compressed peat moss cups do not use them. They absorb the moisture from the soil and the light evaporates it off the pots. I had tons of problems with them in both mj and my herb garden.

Not familiar with that bulb but it looks like a standard 21 watt to me. Do you know what spectrum it is? You're looking for 6400k range for vegitative growth.

Not familiar with that soil either but you may want to mix in some regular potting soil with no added nutrients for seedlings. They are fragile and a lot of prefertilized soils will burn them very quickly in the beginning.
Looks like a good start though! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm new as well but there is a ton of knowledge and experience here.

the budget i have is pretty low, but i'll try to figure something out
I watched this guys video, i was thinking about buying one of this

How I made my Grow Box for Vegging and Flowering :) LV - YouTube

In the meanwhile, i was thinking about using this box i have right now to start the seedling process.
I might have that new box ready by next week.

About the lights, i understood today that is a 21W lamp that gives the same light as a 118W normal lamp. I guess i'll just have to buy 3 more of 21W, or depending on the price a 150W one online

Here in Portugal, we have this
tomada-multipla-4-tomadas-schuko-c-interruptor-3mt.jpg

It's pretty hard for me to find plugins for the lamps in stores

that's for the power, but i can't seem to find something to plugin into the power and into the lamp.

All those cables you have above the reflector, did you homemade them or do they come just like that in stores?
The ones connecting the lamp

Something like this for example
adaptador-de-tomada-para-ligar-lmpadas-marcelo-e-m_MLB-F-4550678282_062013.jpg

my first idea was to go on a pc grow, but due to all the pc cases i had being too small, i decided to use a box.
Only one i had was that cardboard one, i didn't even remember that it could eventually burn in the future

lol some of the first experimental grows I did as a youngen made your box look like a nuclear bunker in comparison lol .. live and learn mate.. looking better now. what you planning for ventilation?

I'm using a small normal fan, but i have to let the "front door" open, if i put a towel above the box, no lights come out.

That's just a fix up anyways, i'm thinking about buying a small version of this to put inside the box

multifanturbo_cornwall2.jpg

and this one for extracting the hot air

extractor_de_aire_en_linea_helicoidal_23c_2_2.jpg

ideal mate :) you going to get a filter? a 100mm will be perfect for that space..

Just an idea I don't know if it's recommended (I'm new at this also)... but i kept the light on all the time until I found a solution for light proofing my grow room..

and for the light bulb (Cfl) the most important thing is that it's a 6400k one and not 2700k! and about the watts don't worry you can always add..

now with the light you want it to be as close as possible to the plant without burning it.. but the plant grows fast so you need to find a way to change the height, frequently.

hope i'm not miss leading you.. I'm new also.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom