First Time Indoor Grow

Get another pot and fill it with dry soil. When the weight of the plant pot = the weight of the dry pot its time to water. Water until soil is moist but not wet, I usually stop when the first bit of water comes out the bottom. Also you get more light from a bulb like that mounted horizontally like you had it the first time. I would have mine like that but space and mounting issues prevent it. But as you can see from my plants it will work the way you have it now you're just getting less usable light for your plants.

+reps on breaking ground and transplanting. When you transplant it can cause some stress to the plant especially one as early as you have done. If they look a but rough for a day don't worry about it just keep an eye on them. How far are those bulbs from the actual plants? The closer you can get them without them getting hit will keep the seedling from stretching.

That looks fine just be weary of the fact that they will grow fast so you will have to raise them when they grow closer. Too close and they will burn the plants too far and they will stretch so you will have to find a medium.

Watering is based on the rate at which your plant absorbs water and How long it takes to evaporate from the soil. All soil holds water differently and the space that it is in will determine how the plant absorbs it and how fast it evaporates will depend on temperature and humidity and other factors. So really even if I say on average you should water every two days that could be way off. The best way to determine if you're watering correctly is to asses the look of the plant and the weight of the pots.

You want the soil to be almost dry when you water. When the soil starts to dry out it encourages the roots to grow more in search of more water, the more your roots grow the healthier the overall plant is.

Over watering is easier to do than under watering (more people do harm over watering) the symptoms look the same for both so just keep an eye on them.

I would not mist your seedlings, they do not require it. water droplets can magnify the light and cause burns to the leaves. you should only water when the soil mixture is dry, place your finger 1 inch into the soil and feel the moisture level if you do not have a moisture meter.

Back
Top Bottom