White Widow- when to flush

silverteener

So I started flowering my White Widow on 12-6. Does anyone know how long this strain usually flowers for? I was thinking around 2-6-11 would be harvest time? I want to flush her with straight water for 2 weeks so I'm trying to time this. Here are some pictures of her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

012256.jpg

011301.jpg

010342.jpg

007414.jpg

006416.jpg

005478.jpg

004502.jpg

002563.jpg

003529.jpg

001518.jpg

:morenutes:

Re: White Widow- when to flush???

Pretty sure WW is an 8-10 week strain depending on the where it came from. 2/6 would be 8 weeks but remember WW is supposed to trich up the last week or two so I would wait till 2/13 or 2/14 if your judging by weeks but the best way to know if it's done is to check the basil leaves trichs to see what color they are.

Re: White Widow- when to flush???

When white widow is ready to harvest, does the 30% dark trichome rule still apply? Or do these trichomes remain white/opaque?

Wow!! 10-12 weeks! I supposed I can try to hold out that long. Maybe 10 weeks will work.. I did have a little scare yesterday. I went down to check on her in the morning like usual and my HPS wasn't working! I put my MH in for the day and contemplated finishing her with the MH bulb but I decided to go down to Lowes and buy another 400w HPS bulb to finish her off. I also tied up another branch tonight. They are getting heavy. I can't imagine what it's going to look like in a few weeks!

Wow!! 10-12 weeks! I supposed I can try to hold out that long. Maybe 10 weeks will work.. I did have a little scare yesterday. I went down to check on her in the morning like usual and my HPS wasn't working! I put my MH in for the day and contemplated finishing her with the MH bulb but I decided to go down to Lowes and buy another 400w HPS bulb to finish her off. I also tied up another branch tonight. They are getting heavy. I can't imagine what it's going to look like in a few weeks!

i know what you mean i have yarn strung everywhere..l hope every thing works out on ur lights..

Hey can you post some pics. I'd like to see your plants.. I rearranged some of my strings tonight to get them closer to the light. These next few weeks are going to be fun.. I can't help but look at her every chance I get! :yahoo:

what week ru in now? looks like you need some more time to fill out some more,then start ur flushing. just be patient i know it's hard lol.. i'll keep checking in on you..

I am at 7 weeks as of tomorrow. I do agree I think it has some filling out to do. I hope in the next few weeks she will fill out nicely. So far so good. This is only my 2nd grow and my first in probably 10 years so I think I'm doing ok.. My next grow will be even better. I will be able to line the walls with mylar and get some better nutes.

As far as using the mh it shouldnt hurt it. I've seen a mh used through the whole flower cycle. It was however a hortilux blue which has higher lvls of blue and red spectrum. Didn't effect the yield all that much but the buds were more compact since they used a mh instead of a hps and a little more trichs, but I think hat had more to do with the higher lvls of uv and ir light the hortilux emits. I've also seen plants with heavy buds wired like a skyscraper and the plants still fell over.

some photos from tonight...

009361.jpg

008401.jpg

007427.jpg

006426.jpg

005488.jpg

004520.jpg

002580.jpg

003544.jpg

001532.jpg

I still thing I have a few weeks left. I've started to give her straight water every other feeding so I won't burn the leaves up anymore. I can't wait for harvest time :)

Ok here we are at 11 weeks. I've been flushing her for a couple weeks now. I'm thinking the 28th will be 12 weeks and she will be coming down. what are your thoughts. Btw I bought a jewelers scope but still can't tell if she is ready. All the buds are getting pretty heavy but my pics kinda suck!

008413.jpg

007438.jpg

006438.jpg

005500.JPG

003561.jpg

004532.jpg

002596.jpg

001551.jpg

:smokin:

ok, here I am at 14 weeks and I can't tell if she is ready or not. I have a scope and still can't really tell what the trichomes look like. From the few glimpses I have gotten they mostly look clear. but how can this be at 14 weeks flowering? the buds are so heavy that I think the one on the right might break any day now. So what do you guys think? I'm just not sure what to do right now!

008424.jpg

007451.jpg

006450.jpg

005514.jpg

004549.jpg

002611.jpg

003577.jpg

001568.jpg

Hey SIlver

Looking good. I just finished a Northern Light that took 18 wks flowering. I am guessing it was a sativa pheno. Not what I had expected from reading about the strain.
She could have probably gone a few more weeks if we let her. She kept growing new fox tail shoots. No large fan leaves the last few weeks of growing. Sort of how yours look.
Never really had a lot of amber tris. We wanted a sedative stone.
We were anxious to get another grow going so we yanked her. Very good erb. Turned out real nice. Burns real fast though. Which is better than won't stay lit if to much nutes are still it int. Fluffy buds. Was dry enough to smoke after two days hanging.
Check my journal if you like.
I'd start giving her water only.

Back
Top Bottom