Who watches weeds?

medMUser said:
It was because Agent Whitebread took down 4 of the Armenian's grow houses. It was pay back. Nancy wasn't in on the hit.

I've seen most of the episodes at least twice.

medMUser

its agent wonderbread not whitebread lol.

i have a feeling there is going to be a reapearance of silas's old girlfriend. i thought that everyone was going to get busted in the end. nancy, agent wonderbread, conrad, the guy who lost the election for council (i'm already forgetting their names), the other 3 guys who are growing with nancy, haylia, etc.

haylia and the lady who had cancer were really annoying in my opinion.
u turn, nancy's brother in law, and the guy who lost the council election were hilarious. hahah who saw when u turn threw a knife at a guys leg when conrad was offering him hydro? :laughtwo:

She would be charged for conspiracy. Almost just as bad.

OK, OK!! It's wonderbread. :laughtwo:

I'm forgetting the names also. :bong: AAHHH, some consolation! :bongrip:

I hope they do the 3rd season also. Just gotta know how they play the last scene-all the weed in the kids car, cop & miss drug free zone alcohol lady coming up- all the guns pointed at Nancy-whose name was McGill, but she called her self Lil, but every knows her as Nancy!

Plus-is WONDERbread :cheesygrinsmiley: dead...??? Only the shadowy screen writer knows!

medMUser

Ummm presuming it happened, the Armenians took out Peter at Heylia's behest. Conrad was also in on it...he was supposed to pay the Armenians, remember? He didn't show a lick of surprise that they wanted to get paid, just regret that Uturn had brought guns instead of money. Nancy and Conrad are partners. Now recall the conversation as Heylia fed Conrad telling him he was going off to die? Did he want to prevent it? Doesn't matter whether Nancy knows, approves, enjoys the thought, or is totally ignorant. Also, Heylia has both bought from and sold to Nancy.

It is in the nature of the felony murder rule that one not need to have intended or caused a death, just that the felony you've committed causes the death of a human being. The sleepy small town with one bank which employs an 88 year old teller. Walk in, hand her a note, she drops dead of a heart attack...you are guilty of murder. So is the getaway driver who isn't even in the bank.

Nancy would be guilty of murder, no doubt.

Anyway, time will tell if I'm right.

Speaking of Nancy's "crew"-good grief Charlie Brown! These guys are like Lucy holding the football. With the crew Nanc has she can't help but get popped! All but Conrad know any thing abiut ganja growing & security.

I hope the guy in the closet does'nt burn down the house! :goof:

So far it looks like Nancy is in deep doo over the guys who want her money, that isn't there, & stash, that her kid took. Her kid is a jerk, putting holes in the condum. But he at least stole all the drug free zone stuff to help his moms. May there is hope for him after all.

Now I know how my mom got hooked on soaps. :laughtwo:

medMUser

Pythaglio said:
Ummm presuming it happened, the Armenians took out Peter at Heylia's behest. Conrad was also in on it...he was supposed to pay the Armenians, remember? He didn't show a lick of surprise that they wanted to get paid, just regret that Uturn had brought guns instead of money. Nancy and Conrad are partners. Now recall the conversation as Heylia fed Conrad telling him he was going off to die? Did he want to prevent it? Doesn't matter whether Nancy knows, approves, enjoys the thought, or is totally ignorant. Also, Heylia has both bought from and sold to Nancy.

It is in the nature of the felony murder rule that one not need to have intended or caused a death, just that the felony you've committed causes the death of a human being. The sleepy small town with one bank which employs an 88 year old teller. Walk in, hand her a note, she drops dead of a heart attack...you are guilty of murder. So is the getaway driver who isn't even in the bank.

Nancy would be guilty of murder, no doubt.

Anyway, time will tell if I'm right.

Are you KIDDING me? I won't even address your "bank" scenario. I hope to god you aren't a lawyer because you have no idea what the Felony Murder Stipulation is.

The Felony Murder law states that you must be committing a felony that provides a likely threat to life. Not only that, the felony has to be somewhat related to the death.

It will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but in both she wouldn't be charged with Felony Murder. If her jurisdiction follows agency theory, only the Armenians would be charged with Murder. Not Felony Murder, mind you, the fact that they were hired killers cancels Felony Murder out by way of the Merger Doctrine.

Now, ff her jurisdiction follows proximate cause theory, a prosecution would have an easier time trying to push Felony Murder on her. But a good lawyer can have this dismissed easily. Nancy did not see the murder of Agent Wonderbread coming, this means Foreseeability is ruled out.

There is however a Casual Link, in that this never would of happened if Nancy didn't start dealing. However, the contract killing of a DEA agent by a third party is not a forseeable conclusion to her entering the drug dealing business. The fact that Halia(sp?) hired the armenians without her consent (or knowledge) shows no Direct Causation.

Even a cheapo phonebook lawyer could show that she doesn't fall under Proximate Cause. There isn't even any debate as to wether or not she falls under Agency Theory (She Doesn't). And so, there is no way she could be charged with Felony Murder. Nice doing business with you though.

SPOILER ALERT

At the end of season two, I don't understand how Silas had access to the stash.

If you want to catch up on the episodes, they are all easily available torrents.

I'll go back and check, but if I recall correctly, she used a significant date as the combination. Like, the day she got married to her husband or something like that. It couldn't of been that hard to figure out.

She should of listened to Conrad and picked something random.

No, I'm not a lawyer, I'm a guy on a pothead website speculating about the plotline of a fictional tv series. You're post is full of sound and fury, signifying....but I'll skip returniong any ad hominems as it really doesn't bother me that you disagree with my position, and sure doesn't matter a whit to the show's writers.

We don't have Showtime, but have all the episodes downloaded to our iPod. Definitely one of our top 2 - 3 shows. Our friends call us the Weeds since we grow and supply for us and our friends. Shit this show was what inspired my wife to have us grow. Can't wait til season 3.
:bongrip:

Pythaglio said:
No, I'm not a lawyer, I'm a guy on a pothead website speculating about the plotline of a fictional tv series. You're post is full of sound and fury, signifying....but I'll skip returniong any ad hominems as it really doesn't bother me that you disagree with my position, and sure doesn't matter a whit to the show's writers.

I figured your response was a direct response to my comment regarding conspiracy over murder. As such, I naturally wanted to defend my POV. That's all.

Pythaglio- Good point about being a accomplace. Poor ole Nanc! She didn't have a clue what she was getting into when she first started selling. Good points by OneThree also. Only the writers know! :Rasta:

Ahhh! The drama continues to mount! :smokin:

medMUser

Woops! on a previous post I made it sound like Conrad was the only one who didn't know anything-I ment that the rest of the 'crew' didn't know anything, that Conrad was the only one w/any smarts or experiance. The other 'insane clowns in her posse' are along for the ride & free :bongrip: smoke. They don't know how close to edge they really are. :smokin:

medMUser

One Three said:
I figured your response was a direct response to my comment regarding conspiracy over murder. As such, I naturally wanted to defend my POV. That's all.

So the funny thing is I learned a bunch of stuff about the felony murder rule. I 100% believe I am correct in my above analysis of the felony murder rule on teevee. Teevee rules are different. Did you know jury nullification is illegal in the US on teevee?

OK, so based on my new knowledge of the felony murder rule, not a chance Nancy would get that under Fed law. Under CA law it really could be argued and taken seriously. The underlying felony has to be 'inherently dangerous'. In the CA 1st degree murder statute a number of offenses are included automatically (oral copulation? you're kidding, nope, guess I should have known she could choke on that thang). Now, just because it's not on the list doesn't mean it's not inherently dangerous. Manufacturing methamphetamine has been found to be 'inherently dangerous' by the CA Supreme Court and therefore qualifies though not on the list. I don't see a big leap based on that precedent that it would actually be seriously argued. Especially if the argument is based on some sort of RICO statute rather than just growing pot.

It's actually kind of a relief to find out that its not very likely that the growers who's op catches on fire and the fireman dies fighting the fire isn't likely legally liable. I've worried very much about people that might end up in that situation.

Sugar M- Thanks.

I like the B's music a lot & could not resist the insert. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Maybe the theme song should be Smuggler's Blues! :tommy:

Nancy could sure use some one All Along the Watchtower to keep her back safe. That used to be wonderbread, but now maybe Conrad? :hmmmm: :pimp:

medMUser

Damn cliffhangers for season finale... I know it just entices us all to tune in next season... but thats twice now that I've been left in shock, wondering how it's going to end.. I had never seen Weeds before, but a few weeks ago I bought the first season on DVD. It was soooooo cheap, so I figured I couldnt go wrong. I watched it all in one sitting. It was kind of slow at first, but the episode really pissed me off..cause i wanted more!!! I didnt really get a chance to watch most of the 2nd season, but i did end up seeing the season finale a few days ago, and am eagerly waiting for the season 2 to come out on DVD so i can catch up!

a·non·y·mous said:
yah im really curious to see how it plays out... i will kind of be disapointed if everything turns out all right b\c at this point w/ the silas in trouble w/ the cops and in control of 30some lbs, all the guns pointed at nancy, and a potentially dead dea agent i dont see how anything remotly positive could come of it....

and i forgot till i saw this thread that the dude was in the closet... and i cant remember... is shane still on the road w/ andys ex-?.... if there isnt a second season that will bother me for the rest of my life lol....

yes andys ex is on the road with shane. she asked him if there was anywhere he wanted to go and he said pittsburgh. she said okay, with a stop to some country in south america that i don't remember.
the season you're talking about is the second season, you are probably not aware that there was a season before this one.

^^Country is Paraguay...^^ "Hey you wanna come with me visit South America? One of the 'Guays'? Para or Uru?" Hehe, good stuff

Back
Top Bottom