Why 25 posts before I can PM?

Re: Wtf

LOLZ, dude, smoke some and chill.
The shit ton you speak of is probably 25 posts.
And the reason the 420 peeps made this rule is so spammers cannot just open an account and start spamming all it's members with private messages.

I appreciate the effort 420mag has done on so many levels.
I'm sure you will too Broke Stove.

you can always PM staff at anytime. if its an emergency grow question you can PM someone from grow supportor or just post it in a thread..it will be answered promptly

25 Posts is now considered a "shit ton?"

Gee, maybe I ought to see if I can have my post-count reset.

LMFAO!

Seriously, though, that's not very many at all. Do you have more than 25 conversations in, say, a week? Do you help people more than 25 times in a week? If one is willing to participate in this web site's activities in the spirit in which it was created and is maintained, your post count will build.

Consider also the fact that most things that are cannabis-related may be freely discussed here in open forums. In general, only things that could land you, others, or the site in hot water are prohibited - and in such cases, this site's rules would be broken whether the discussion took place in open forums or in a PM. For such topics, assuming you know the person that you are wishing to hold private discussions with, there is always email (, telephone, snail-mail, face-to-face, etc.) - and if you do not personally know the person you are wishing to have such conversations with, perhaps you should rethink the entire idea.

As with all things here, the founder and his staff have placed a great deal of thought into deciding what the rules are.

EDIT: And look on the positive side, lol. You've only been a member here for about a week and a half and you are over halfway there already. :thumb:

Okay, Okay......

So sorry if I seemed pushy, or if I "harshed anyones morning mellow" or whatever........ The reason I even FOUND this site was because I had a question that I could not find the answer to, so I googled it and was directed to this site. Once I signed up, I went to find the answer by messaging someone who replyed tp a post of mine. When I tried to message the cat to get a more specific response to my question, it told me I had to ask 25 questions to get the answer to a question I needed in a hurry, I got annoyed.......So there you have it folks.... With that being said, I have found help on this site since then. If I offended anyone than just settle yourselfs down and smoke a bowl......Broke Stove:peace::peace::peace:

's cool, lol.

I didn't look at it as a probationary period when I joined. I figured it to be a small minimum set to help assure that members would be real, live participating life forms. Most members are of course and we have an excellent staff to take care of the few that aren't. But with over 58,000 registered members I'm sure that things happen.

We certainly weren't implying that you were a problem.:peacetwo: Enjoy the site and may you learn the answers to all of your questions - and discover more questions.

settle yourselfs down and smoke a bowl......Broke Stove:peace::peace::peace:

I wandered out and got hit by a bong. I don't think it was serious - I'm feelin' fine:roorrip:.

But it feels like it could be one of those repetitive sports injury kind of things... You know, something chronic.:bigtoke:

We dedicated this forum for grow questions

Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine

The grow support staff frequent this particular gallery and are charged to try to ensure all questions are answered.

We try to encourage that grow questions be asked and answered in public, so that everyone can benefit from the collective knowledge.

Welcome to the site Brother; we hope you got your answer ;)

broke stove, fwiw, I thought the 25 post thing was annoying too when I first tried to PM someone. But I just went thru and made comment after comment like,
nice grow, or good job and I had 25 pretty quickly.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

I want to jump in here and say well not a shit ton, 25 seems high. but so am I. But not in all cases. What about PMs to confirmed friends?

I have gotten messages I can not respond to from my friend(the one). may be there is a way to adjust that situation.

Thanks
THCMontana

Back
Top Bottom