Why Deny People Chance For Relief?

Regarding Frank Winkler's letter headlined "Legalization clearly unhealthy": I've never partaken of marijuana in any form. I've suffered chronic pain for more than half my life.

If marijuana for treatment of pain were legalized and prescribed by my doctor, I'd try it to see if it relieves or diminishes my pain that nothing else has relieved. I don't think government should be able to say what a person can or cannot do in order to relieve pain.

Our Declaration of Independence says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

So what right does government have to deny anyone's right to treat pain in whatever way provides the most relief?

None.

I've contacted my state senator (Larry Dixon) and representative (Barry Mask) asking them where they stand regarding the proposed medical marijuana bill for Alabamians. I think I deserve to hear from both of them since I am one of their constituents who helps pay their salaries as legislators.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Montgomery Advertiser
Author: Don Seibold
Copyright: 2008 The Advertiser Co.

Well,, what you say does not hold water with me..
I live in the state of California and recently acquired my Medical recommendation for Cannabis..
I had to see a doctor who sees only patients that may need this kind of recommendation. This is because my Medical Insurance is an HMO and does not recognize Cannabis as a treatment...And also could deny you treatment.....Its all about the money and politics... Not what is best for you the Patient.
I spent lot of time online, and did my homework researching Cannabis myself.
I went and saw a doctor outside my Medical Ins. who sees patients and gives recommendations as needed..
I spent almost an hour asking questions..Afterwords I was convince that I had been Brain Washed..
The facts are out on Cannabis, but not from research in the United States.. We play to much Politics and Power trips here...
I guess what my point is is that you should not waste another second in Pain...
Go and see a Doctor who is an advocate and ask questions...
Just imagine tonight you could possibly have that full nights sleep for the first time in years without that God awful ACHE of pain that never goes away...
Again if you are not sure??? Go online and do your homework...
God be with you, and may you have a day without Pain...

If you are in pain try the green. I was in a wheel chair for two years. unable to walk, today I can move and walk a little. The pain I had was unreal and I waited two years to try it. I was a child of the 60's and tryed MJ in the day and then put it down to raise 4 children. I wanted to show my children drugs where not the way to go in their young lifes, so when I started using MJ my children where confussed. Today they understand the good it has done and they have there mother back.

Thank you kitkat. I am a parent with a soon to be 11year old child ( she was born on 420!)
that has never seen me smoke or drink( I have been clean 22 years now). I am attempting to get my Medical Marijuana card from my doctor. I am wondering how I can send a positive message to her about drugs in general and pot specifically. I do not plan on smoking in front of her, but since she lives next door with her mom, she could just walk in at any moment while I am ingesting my medicine or she could maybe see in the window. I know she will smell it when she comes over so I will have to sit her down and talk to her about it at some point. It may be better if I do it with her mother here and have it all planned out ahead of time. I know there has been many times I could not do things with her because I was in too much pain. Maybe she will see the positive change in Dad when he is not in pain and can run around in the park with her. Your simple statement has given me some strength and hope. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom