Why does no one vaporize?

Great thread. Thanks to all who participated.

I use hemp oil twice a day 4 drops each time. It does a great job on my radiation side effects and hopefully it is still shrinking the tumors. Last May I was a stage 4 Cancer patient w/prostate, bladder and Lymph node Cancers.

After 6 months of oil treat ments, the Cancer has left my Lymph nodes and decreased in size in the prostate and Bladder. I feel 80% better than a year ago. I have also gotten away from the Vicodin script that I have had for 18 months. I went from 6-8 vicodins a day to ZERO! It has also helped lower my BP, and I have also lost 30 lbs since summer. I am very interested in the Vapes, because I have excersize induced asthma, and smoking some doobies can leave me a lil short of breath. I mainly want to get a vape so I can enjoy the buds without the smell in my house ( even though I am legal in my state) or the health issues associated with smoking. I am on Medical disability at the time, but if God is willing and continues to help me with my cure. I want to return to the construction trades, and get my life back, and get off the governments teat untill I am allot older. I will keep reading and come up with a vaporizor solution very soon. I would like to find one in the $50- $200 range.

I am really enjoying my first day on this forum.:)

I am a nicotine junkie from my days in the USAF. Down from 3 packs a day to 1. Wish I never started but hey....

Firing up a bong or my protopipe instead of vaping isn't going to make much of a health difference for me.

:peace:
WillyB

One of my friends had given me his Volcano to hold on to for a while. It was such a better high and smoke. Theyre just a pain in the ass to set up. Plus your confined to a cords reach. On top of all that. A volcano is easier than the box type but no one knows how to use em so your stuck holding everyones hand.

I am a nicotine junkie from my days in the USAF. Down from 3 packs a day to 1. Wish I never started but hey....

Firing up a bong or my protopipe instead of vaping isn't going to make much of a health difference for me.

:peace:
WillyB

Actually it would from research I saw that showed cigarette/marijuana smokers have a lower rate of cancer then cigarette only smokers so If that is true then using a vape would more then likely lower that number even further just because your lungs wouldnt be as irritated as they would be from smoking both plants in fact if you really are just a nicotine junkie then do the smart thing and vape your tobacco as well you will get far more nicotine .

I have the herbal air 2.1 Ive vaped about an 3/4LB of weed by now (in 2 months).

The quality of this vape is surprising its gets a lot of use between me the wife and an occasional party.

Set the dial to about 370 ish and the vapor is heavy and clean I usually max it out around 400 to get the most out of the bud, but this does induce a slight cough at this temp.

I tried to make budder with the leftovers (duff), but I think I vape it too much to make it worthwhile.

The downside to this vaporizer is the tempurature select knob is just a rotary knob with stick on temp sticker it functions perfect but I felt that was a bit cheap. also the status light turns from green(not warm) to amber(just right) to red (too hot).
Very confusing as anyone with a licenses knows that green should be good to go right? But aside from that the LED for the status indicator is directly below the knob, Meaning you cant see it when it is placed on a surface below eye level. in other words if its not on the top of the fridge you have to finagle your head a bit to tell.
It also comes with a Separate pump for bag filling which makes the unit small but means one more item to have to deal with. Although I have replaced the pump with a better higher flow unit, so it was a benefit for me as the pump is the cheapest least complicated part and likely made the unit affordable at $240

One trick I found on the web is to run the vapor through HOT water as in a water bong. The heat is needed because the water will give off steam as you draw vapor through this moisture obviously travels with the vapor.
WHY?
The effect is has is like steam cleaning your lungs but you also get a different type of a high it feels more body to me but is much stronger in my opinion.
It will clear your sinuses and also your lungs (my fisrt time trying it I coughed up some nasty phlegm)
It also seems to reduce the cough response in general (I believe the dry hot vapor or smoke is what induce cough for me at least)

I did find that my water bong didnt hold enough water and thusly enough heat so I made a contraption out of one of my curing jars basically a water bong that hold allot of water.

Some people use this method with herbal tea then drink the tea. although thats a personal thing as THC doesnt really transfer into the water I beleive its done for the flavor (chamomile Lemon Skunk anyone?)

Anyways back to my hermit hole,...

My only issues with them are everything tastes the same. Without question better for you though:blunt:

Ill bet you smoke cigarettes right?
I say that because you must not have taste buds :hookah:
I taste the bud so much more without the acrid smoke.

Maybe Im used to it first time I didnt taste anything either:smokin: but I stuck with it in the name of science... and because I spent 250 bucks on it, if it had really sucked I wouldn't have kept it as a paper weight I was going to return it.
But Im glad I did...

But hate away ... Ill be in a cloud of vapor watching...:hookah:

Ill bet you smoke cigarettes right?
I say that because you must not have taste buds :hookah:
I taste the bud so much more without the acrid smoke.

Love those things!

No I'm a non cigarette smoker I have a Hooka but prefer a water pipe. What made you think that no I never have smoked cigarettes. I guarantee you I put 5 different bowls on that vaporizer and you can't tell OG Kush from Swazi some of the stronger flavors may come through but for the most part that's the biggest complaint I have seen. I like mine but only use it every other week or so. Try a Fly Box or a Vaporade the kick the shit out of the Vapir mine was so crappy I gave it away.:roorrip:

No I'm a non cigarette smoker I have a Hooka but prefer a water pipe. What made you think that no I never have smoked cigarettes. I guarantee you I put 5 different bowls on that vaporizer and you can't tell OG Kush from Swazi some of the stronger flavors may come through but for the most part that's the biggest complaint I have seen. I like mine but only use it every other week or so. Try a Fly Box or a Vaporade the kick the shit out of the Vapir mine was so crappy I gave it away.:roorrip:

I say to each their own. I used to love my bong, but I now love my vape. Ironically I used to think I could tell taste/flavor better with bong, too. But now that I'm nearly full-time vaping - I've noticed that everything tastes the same to me when I use the bong. I think it's all about what you're used to and what you prefer. My fiancee' likes the vaporizer, but ultimately likes the bong better. She likes to vape enough, though, that she uses it more of the time (better for lungs, health, etc.)

Just My 2 cents!

Peace

Great thread. Thanks to all who participated.

I use hemp oil twice a day 4 drops each time. It does a great job on my radiation side effects and hopefully it is still shrinking the tumors. Last May I was a stage 4 Cancer patient w/prostate, bladder and Lymph node Cancers.

After 6 months of oil treat ments, the Cancer has left my Lymph nodes and decreased in size in the prostate and Bladder. I feel 80% better than a year ago. I have also gotten away from the Vicodin script that I have had for 18 months. I went from 6-8 vicodins a day to ZERO! It has also helped lower my BP, and I have also lost 30 lbs since summer. I am very interested in the Vapes, because I have excersize induced asthma, and smoking some doobies can leave me a lil short of breath. I mainly want to get a vape so I can enjoy the buds without the smell in my house ( even though I am legal in my state) or the health issues associated with smoking. I am on Medical disability at the time, but if God is willing and continues to help me with my cure. I want to return to the construction trades, and get my life back, and get off the governments teat untill I am allot older. I will keep reading and come up with a vaporizor solution very soon. I would like to find one in the $50- $200 range.

I am really enjoying my first day on this forum.:)

Hey there Lucky man -

First off - congratulations on the positive progress with the cancer. That is incredible and I hope you are still on the right path. I lost my father to prostrate cancer, and I'm keenly aware of what a terrible disease it is. Congrats on weaning from the vikes as well - that can be it's own challenge (I'm currently in need of them myself - much to my chagrin).

I also have exercise induced asthma (plus some seasonal allergy stuff that can cause asthma stuffs) and the vaporizer truly helps - I can't smoke cannabis when I'm having asthma/allergy issues, as it really aggravates it - but vaping is fine (yeah!)

I have researched and tried a few vaporizers and I wanted to share my 2 cents worth: you do get what you pay for to some degree. I have a Silver Surfer that I really like, and the company that makes it makes a model called "Da Buddah" and a number of people on these forums love it. It's just under $200, but well worth it I'm sure and I think it is functionally the same as mine. There are many other good models, but most are more than $200. There may be some good ones cheaper, but not that I'm comfortable enough with to recommend. I really believe it is a healthier alternative, and it has become my preference over smoking. Good luck and good health!

Hey there Lucky man -

First off - congratulations on the positive progress with the cancer. That is incredible and I hope you are still on the right path. I lost my father to prostrate cancer, and I'm keenly aware of what a terrible disease it is. Congrats on weaning from the vikes as well - that can be it's own challenge (I'm currently in need of them myself - much to my chagrin).

I also have exercise induced asthma (plus some seasonal allergy stuff that can cause asthma stuffs) and the vaporizer truly helps - I can't smoke cannabis when I'm having asthma/allergy issues, as it really aggravates it - but vaping is fine (yeah!)

I have researched and tried a few vaporizers and I wanted to share my 2 cents worth: you do get what you pay for to some degree. I have a Silver Surfer that I really like, and the company that makes it makes a model called "Da Buddah" and a number of people on these forums love it. It's just under $200, but well worth it I'm sure and I think it is functionally the same as mine. There are many other good models, but most are more than $200. There may be some good ones cheaper, but not that I'm comfortable enough with to recommend. I really believe it is a healthier alternative, and it has become my preference over smoking. Good luck and good health!

Thanks, I did choose an Aroma Classic, its a box vape and is very easy to use and so far I have no problems with the unit. They even included a spare whip, and a lifetime guarantee on everything but the whip. I have been enjoying it all weekend, and I must say my lungs feel allot better just after 3 days. I can taste the differences of all the different buds I currently have, sour diesel, grape Cinderella, vortex,God bud,White rino,and crystal. I love not smelling like the ashtray, or not constantly coughing after smoking.

Thanks for the help.

:thumb:

I have to agree with an earlier post on how most buds tastes the same but its not quite as extreme as the person said everything tasting the same, I find that all strains with heavy afghani influence all taste the same, just like skunk dominate strains they all taste the same, OG ,Violator,master,and burmeses kush all very similar only with slight differences determined by the turpene content. But for anyone who is finding that they arent getting much difference in flavour should consider going with Strains from Greenhouse seeds as you can check the terpene charts and choose the strains that are higher in the terpenes that provide the flavours they are looking for.

Aside from all my other health issues, I had 2 double by-passes in 2010. I'm 42 and not fat, 5'7", 135lbs, pretty skinny actually. I quit cigs in march, 1.5 packs a day since 14 and figured I'd take it one step further and start vaping my weed so I grabbed the digi vape from my buddy as he bought it, and as the thread name suggests,....never used it,lol

I've found that I can't give up joints completely yet though. The biggest aspect of smoking for me is the smell/taste, just as much as the high. I enjoy the social aspect as well but man, I love the dank paste taste you can get left with,...and those sweet smelling finger tips, yum,lol

So what I do is maybe a 50/50 mix. Often times, if I'm home alone surfing or doing something like that, the tube will be hanging out of my mouth but when company comes, it's time to roll one.

I took all that time to grow it, mind as well enjoy as best you can.

In short, went to a new general practitioner last week, got a full work up. Did the blow test for lung capacity, he said I had the lungs of a 30 yr old.

I fired him,lol

Back
Top Bottom