WIll a carbon filter be enough for a "dead skunk" in my closet?

boskito

Hello. Around a year ago, i picked up 5 g's of some super skunk, and out of my friends 2 oz. bag I got the only seed in there! yay!. Well anyways that seed has gone through quite an adventure and I just found it yesterday. While I had those 5 g's my room smelled like dead skunk for as long as I had it there. Just normal sized bedroom, I'll post measurements tomorrow. So, will a carbon filter take the smell away? Or will I need to build another odor killer? thanks

Incase this helps at all, my set-up is PowerGrower Hydro 5.7 gallon reservoir, 150W HPS, exhaust fan @80cfm, normal ducting, Homebox XS growtent, GH Nutes. I'll also be growing lemon skunk

Let me get this str8. Ur asking if a carbon filter will filter the smell from 5 grams? If its that serious, grab a small, quiet fan and an odor sock. U must be in a dorm or something. I'm trying to figure out are u asking about the filter for ur setup or the smell from the 5 grams. If its for ur setup, just grab a small 6" (opening) carbon filter and fan that's compatible. Little clarity would help.

Sorry for not making it clear. Just to show the magnitude of how much it would smell, I said "While I had those 5 g's my room smelled like dead skunk for as long as I had it there". I have the seed, and I'm planning on planting it in my next grow which will consist of Lemon Skunk and this super skunk seed. Again, I apolagize for not making myself clear. So would a carbon filter work to supress the smell? Or would 2? This is my first time using a carbon filter, first grow I hope to harvest something to get me high! (The first grow I got attacked by spider-mites!)

No worries, it was kinda entertaining. To answer ur question, one will suffice. The main thing is to get a fan that is compatible for the size filter ur using and to maintain low to moderate relative humidity level. High humidity renders the filters less effective to virtually ineffective.

Back
Top Bottom