Will my seedling make it? Pic Included

OMGReptar

Hey everyone, I’m sad on this day. Because my light has been too far away from my seedlings which caused them to stretch a bit and growth has been slow (compared to pictures of other members’ seedlings at this same stage.

One of my seedlings was bending too much so I tried to fasten a support using a pipe cleaner. It did not go well. I’m not very delicate with my hands. Needless to say, I accidentally bent the stem and it fell over laying flat. Sighhhhhhhh

So I stuck something in the soil and fastened the stem to it in order to hold it up. It’s standing now, but I’m wondering if it’s too fragile to make it. In the pic, you can see the bent part of the stem between the two pipe cleaners. What do you think will happen?

Attachments

• EE42397F-D0DC-48C5-A069-A614FABE4A39.jpeg
    EE42397F-D0DC-48C5-A069-A614FABE4A39.jpeg
    641.3 KB · Views: 88
I think you will be ok you will know by the end of the day. As mentioned lower your light to prevent it from streching.
Thanks, I’m using an electric sky 300 LED. I’ve been keeping it at a distance based on the manufacturer recommendation, but now I think they were being conservative. I just dropped it to 29” and put a direct breeze on the seedlings.

I have limited experience, but if it was me I would get organized with a container, spoon and more soil. Then gently transplant my seedling into dampened soil deeper, so the soil is just below the first leaf supporting the stem by the soil. High enough to eventually provide water without dampening the leaves.

Your support I believe will hold the seedling, but with it burried it has a chance to root along the burried stem too...I think :bongrip:

Someone will save you if this is bad advice. Like I said, I would do it. That and the light lower and you're rebooted, at least in my new experience! :goodluck:

Edit: auto correct sucks

I have limited experience, but if it was me I would get organized with a container, spoon and more soil. Then gently transplant my seedling into dampened soil deeper, so the soil is just below the first leaf supporting the stem by the soil. High enough to eventually provide water without dampening the leaves.

Your support I believe will hold the seedling, but with it burried it has a chance to root along to burried stem too...I think :bongrip:

Someone will save you if this is bad advice. Like I said, I would do it. That an the light lower and you're rebooted, at least in my new experience! :goodluck:
Any idea how long I would have to do this?

personally i would not touch it again,, i can not see a transplant without further damage. more soil higher up the stem is a good idea tho. perhaps just above the bend

karma sent to er friend,,

Any idea how long I would have to do this?
Just once, hopefully it now reestablishes itself in the new pot, a transplant deeper into the same pot or one like it an just grows.

Your support I believe will hold the seedling, but with it burried it has a chance to root along to burried stem too...I think :bongrip:

Someone will save you if this is bad advice. Like I said, I would do it. That an the light lower and you're rebooted, at least in my new experience! :goodluck:
I would give it a little time to recover from the bending over. You want to transplant when the roots have filled the container at that time plant deeper as Konks recommended.

personally i would not touch it again,, i can not see a transplant without further damage. more soil higher up the stem is a good idea tho. perhaps just above the bend

karma sent to er friend,,
Weigh this. Everyone has a threshold for what the are willing to do, @nivek has seen more than I've read. Find your own threshold.

I would jump on it, but the muliple suggestions to leave it supported while you see if it tolerates the bend is sort of overwhelming. They know because they've been there! I am flying by the seat of my pants...

Thanks, I’m using an electric sky 300 LED. I’ve been keeping it at a distance based on the manufacturer recommendation, but now I think they were being conservative. I just dropped it to 29” and put a direct breeze on the seedlings.
I also have a 300w LED and I've kept the light at 20", so far I have no stretching. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom