KillAton

Picture_00721.jpg
Picture_00625.jpg
Picture_00531.jpg
Picture_00434.jpg
Picture_00235.jpg
Picture_00340.jpg
Picture_00137.jpg

Re: Wilting Plants????/Yellowing cuttings!!!!!

The big plants went 1 day without watering 2 days ago, they received water yesterday and today. The PH was really high so I adjusted to 6.0 today, they're getting 1/4 strength nutes(General Hydroponics) as well. They where put under a 600w HPS from a 400w MH. I adjusted the light so that it was farther away from them today. The light is aircooled there's fresh air coming in and old air getting exhausted out. The tall Northern Lights strain bounced back after 1 day and the other ones look like they got worse. The cuttings I think I over watered and now algae is starting, their also getting burnt tips and I'm loosing some of them. No nutes at all for the cuttings just 6.0ph water.

They need way more water than that, as well as somewhere for the roots to grow like hydroton
Flyfishinrock: Thanks for checking in. More water than what? The big plants are on a hydro setup and get water once a day right when the lights turn on. They just went one day without water cause the hydro wasn't set up. The once a day watering schedule keeps the rockwool cubes moist all day. The people at the hydro store said I didn't/don't need anything else for my setup. I even went in a second time and asked and got the same answer. The clones were getting over watered and now I think the algae is turning them yellow.

I only used rockwool one time back in 1993. But I seem to remember putting the rockwool cube into a media. yes it failed miserably but thats not the point. From a newb like myself it looks like needs to be in something. If once a day watering works, I wont argue. My stuff uses hydroton and needs multiple waterings..no doubt rockwool holds water. I was going to use flood trays with rockwool and the info said multiple floods are the routine. how many times a day did you start out with? just curious

I thought the rockwool needed to be placed in hydroton and I went back to the hydro store and asked twice and got the same reply. I too thought they needed multiple waterings and was doing that for a while and over watered my plants. I know adults need multiple waterings but for young plants I found they need less. I started out 3 waterings a day and that was to much, than I cut back to 1 watering per day and my plants perked up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom