Winter Sun

Maer

I am setting up a window box that I plan to use for my bonzai moms and some clones tomatoes, maybe some lettuce and stuff. So my question is will the daytime sun in the winter be OK for plants? Anyone used the winter sun to supplement any grows?

The sun is good a lot of the time for light but its the heat that will be a problem during winter, especially on the window ledge, I wouldn't recommend it they will grow crap, is its just for mother plant why not use some cfl's or a medium 125w blue spec or the 250/300 all great for veg.

Yea it will mostly be for the vegies, and I am planning a sealed window box with temperature and humidity control. I am going to make a box of plywood the size of the interior of the "sill" and the side part whatever that is. The back will be on hinges with weather stripping. The exhaust fans will have a dryer - type vents so they close when not in use.

I have a ceramic element heater to keep the temps at a base level during lights out, and temperature controlled vent fan for lights on, and a constant fan to cool the air cooled 600W HPS.

Back
Top Bottom