Without a loupe, what is the best way to tell if my buds are ready?

Phillybonker

I'm going to check on my plants soon but forgot to order a loupe online and since it won't get to me before I check my plants, I'm looking for an alternative way to check if the buds are ready.

The strain is 80% Indica growing outdoors in the bush, if that helps.

I'm going to check on my plants soon but forgot to order a loupe online and since it won't get to me before I check my plants, I'm looking for an alternative way to check if the buds are ready.

The strain is 80% Indica growing outdoors in the bush, if that helps.
Hey buddy :ciao:
When your pistils have turned red and crinkled in she is finished flowering and building for you.
As this is happening she will stop eating.
It will take longer and longer to empty her pot.
If she is still eating regularly she is still growing.
Got any pics?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey buddy :ciao:
When your pistils have turned red and crinkled in she is finished flowering and building for you.
As this is happening she will stop eating.
It will take longer and longer to empty her pot.
If she is still eating regularly she is still growing.
Got any pics?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks.

I haven't got any recent pics because I haven't visited the plants in about 7 weeks, they all out in the bush far from my home.

Thanks.

I haven't got any recent pics because I haven't visited the plants in about 7 weeks, they all out in the bush far from my home.
Oh that's a different kettle of fish. :Namaste:
You will have to go strictly on pistils then.
If they are white she isn't finished.
If they are all dark, mostly red and crinkled in then you know flowering is finished.
That is the start of the harvest window.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Oh that's a different kettle of fish. :Namaste:
You will have to go strictly on pistils then.
If they are white she isn't finished.
If they are all dark, mostly red and crinkled in then you know flowering is finished.
That is the start of the harvest window.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

About 1/3 of the plants started to flower 7.5 weeks ago, the others should only be about week behind. So all the plants are currently 6.5 - 7.5 weeks into flowering.

I have to check the plants because around this time botrytis rears it's ugly head so I'm expecting there will be moldy buds to cut away, hopefully not too many moldy buds.

About 1/3 of the plants started to flower 7.5 weeks ago, the others should only be about week behind. So all the plants are currently 6.5 - 7.5 weeks into flowering.

I have to check the plants because around this time botrytis rears it's ugly head so I'm expecting there will be moldy buds to cut away, hopefully not too many moldy buds.
Not sure what your able to bring into them?
If you can give them a spray with citric acid it kills mold.
Good luck Amigo.
Hope they are safe and healthy. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

checking the pistils is a great way to check ripeness, however if you check with a loupe you may notice the trichomes are to your liking before all the pistils have receded and that's especially true if your plant is 'foxtailing' and putting out fresh pistils in which case you may consider checking the pistils further down the canopy where it's still lit properly for a more accurate assessment.

When the plant has flowered for at least 10 weeks since flip and all calyxes and flower clusters are fully formed and swollen with very little to no white hairs left.

When all those are in check you can confirm by a loupe at the middle part of the flowers, don't look at leaves or tops since they may ripen weeks or even months before they're fully done.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

I was wondering how this year's guerilla grow was going. Good to know that you now have plants getting close to the final stages of being ripe.

I haven't checked my plants in over 7 weeks so I know as much as you do about how my guerilla grow is going :laughtwo:

But last time I was there about 30% of the plants had started flowering and the rest should have followed a week later judging by my previous grows, so when I check the plants this weekend 30% will be 8 weeks into flowering and 70% should be 7 weeks into flowering.

Back
Top Bottom