Worried parent - Are my plants OK?

unkied

420 Member
Hi. I need some advice. This is my very first grow. I am raising 4 feminized White Widow girls (Rose, Patti, Louise & Thelma). They are 44 days old today. My setup is as follows:
In a heated outbuilding,
4x4x7 grow tent,
630w CMH lamp,
6in Exhaust with Phresh filter,
small fan,
intake air from outdoor duct mixed with room air,
small humidifier as initially humidity was very low (10-15%).
5 gal fabric pots,
FFOF soil.
Temps vary from a low of 64 at night to 76 during the day.

At about 2 weeks I initially was feeding them a weak hodgepodge of regular 24/8/16 Miracle grow and some misting with Maxicrop 0/0/17 soluble seaweed (I know my garden veggies love that stuff). I limited the amount to around 350 ppm, and Ph was around 6.2. The plants looked happy and healthy, lush and green. I topped twice, and did a good amount of LST, and they really bushed out. at around 25 days, I upped the nuts to around 700 ppm total. I switched from Miracle grow to Jacks 20/20/20 and also mixed in the Maxicrop in the Ph water, and a weak amount of FloraBloom. I watered just enough to see seepage out the bottom, and let them get pretty dry in between (not enough to notice any drooping/wilting etc - I kind of know what under/over water looks like).

On day 34, I started gradually switching to flower, first to 15/7, then 14/8 then 12/12.

Up until about the time of the switch everything seemed cool. Then a day or after the switch, 2 different types of problems showed up. 1st, on 2 of the plants, Patti and Rose, some of the leaves on one branch turned brown on the tips and progressed along the edges, and moved on to the flower. It was not a very bottom fan leaf, but not high up either. Just a branch in the middle. And ONLY on the one branch. All indications from intense web searching tell me it's potassium deficiency. I amputated the affected section, then ran about 7 gallons of Ph 6.4 water thru. Just 'cause. I figured I don't really know the cause, but how could that hurt? I also saw a similar problem on One Single fan leave on another plant, so I did the same thing. As of this writing, that problem seems to have mitigated itself? I am also puzzled a bit as to why A) Its limited to so small an area of the plant, and B) how can I have potassium deficiency when I have been feeding stuff HIGH in potassium?

The 2nd problem might not even be a problem but I don't think its normal. The terminal buds on all 4 are turning an almost neon yellow. Not the leaves, just the tips. I can't find ANY pictures in the ocean of info on deficiencies that resembles it. At any rate, I see mention of things like lockout, and micro nutrient def, for ex, sulfur. I figured the minor 'flush' I already did might have purged out some of the nasties, so yesterday I gave them all a large drink with a 300ppm mix of ph 6.4 and epsom salts. Maybe that will help?

So, I am posting pix of both these issues, and hoping some kind soul can provide some input and guidance.
Thanks.

Here's a group photo from today:
GroupShot21.jpg

Here's a close-up of Rose's Brown leaf issue:
Dec-5-Rose-Sick-A.jpg

Here she is Otherwise:
Dec-5-Rose-OK-Otherwise.jpg

Here is Patti with same issue (circled) as Rose:
Dec-5-Patti-A.jpg

And here is the newer "yellow" weirdness:
IMG_52627.jpg

And finally, a close-up of said "weirdness: