Worrying over nothing?

addision

I have a plant, its doing good. I switched out my t5 and replaced it with a 1000wHPS last night. I feel like the thing has grown an inch over night. I actually measured it and the tape show that it has, but the plant could just be standing up straighter.

Regardless, my new question has to do with stretching. In this picture you can see that the distance from one node to the next is about three inches. My cousin named this as "big bud", and it was a clone off of his plant. I know there are different strains and the what not. But is 3" between nodes normal for a 15" plant. I am afraid I may have it the wrong distance from the light. Right now it is 32" away.

Insert Photos and Images

And if anyone can instruct me on how to post my images inline in my post instead of a link, that would be appreciated.

Hiya-

3" is a little much. Basically I think about 1" is good internodal. As Pit said - lower your light. A very basic but fairly helpful guide is the back of your hand. Put your hand under the light, palm down. If you can keep it there for a minute without it getting uncomfortable that's the approx closest height you can get. Any closer it will burn them from heat.

There are actually two concerns with a light - heat and too much light. While they are young, you shouldn't need to get as close as possible with a 1K. That 24" sounds good. You can use the stretch to judge. They will stop stretching immediately when you get it right.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom