Would a Scrog net help me improve my yields?

CanniCulture

i have 2 plants in Veg, and 2 in flowering. My two that are in flowering are under a L600 Kind Led Bloom edition light. I have a tent for my veg plants but not my flowering ones (yet). I'm wondering if there's any way or proven methods on how I can set up a screen or net to Scrog without a tent? I've seen the Scrog nets for specific sized tents in stores, and they come with hooks for easy bar attachment inside the tents, I'm trying to get by without having to spend any more money before my very first harvest. Already $2,000 or so deep & I'm a broke college kid.

How can I set up a Scrog net, and effectively use it with my somewhat of a half ass set-up?
These are my two flowering babes, and you can see my setup, the black box to the left is my other tent.
IMG_62745.JPG
IMG_62734.JPG
IMG_62724.JPG

I scrog without a tent. I just built a frame out of wood and used tie wire to build my actual net. then I just suspended it from the ceiling. I had to brace the corners of the frame as the wire would pull it out of shape, it looks half assed but it works. I would start training the plants in veg to grow out instead of up then put the screen on when you put them in flower. click the link in my signature to have a look at mine. the grow is almost a year old but you will get the idea. (page 5 of the link has a good pic of my screen)

Thanks go4snypr, I took a peek at your journal, and was pretty impressed. How did you get your plant to grow so wide instead of up? I topped at 4 nodes and let it do its thing after, I was looking into LST for them but at this point it seems useless. I'm going to try to re-create what you made for a Scrog net, I though it was a cool project. Thanks again.

No problem. As for growing it wide I just top and bend. I top the 4th node, then as it grows the 2 tops I bend them over or tie them down and just continue to do that as the tops get taller. there is a great post around here called "how to bend and top your way to a 1lb monster" I followed that as well as a couple threads from The Capn' on simple hydroponics. Now I crop 1 plant a month that usually produces a minimum of 10oz. As you could see, for my screen I just used wood dowels and screws with wire to build the net. was cheap and has been used multiple times now. good luck.

This grow is to far gone for a true scrog screen setup... You can setup some kind of screen if you need support for the colas... Your next grow can be planed as a scrog from the get go.... Your scrog screen is set up at about 12" above your grow container, and the plant is kept below the screen in veg.... When the plant reaches the screen and begins to grow through a couple inches, you pull it back down and move out to another hole... You only need about 10 or so main branches.... Except for the colas on the ends of you main branches, all the other colas will be from the secondary growth.... When you switch to 12/12 all the secondary growth begin their stretch and become the colas that grow above the screen...

I can't link to the off site thread that these pics are cut from... Kind of a pic book with dates to show a scrog screen done right is a 90 day affair.. The yield was a little over 11 ozs with an 27 day veg.... The screen was 19"x29".. The size of the cab.

JULY 7

July 15

July 19

July 28 day 27 start 12/12 lateral growth begins stretch to fill screen

Aug 1

Under screen shot of stuff that gets cleaned out...

Aug 1 top of screen

Aug 7

Aug 17

Finished cleaning under screen Aug 24

Harvest day 57 days 12/12 11+ oz...

The question is how can you not do a scrog screen next grow.....
You scrogers should jump in right here..

These pic are from the Scottyballs grow thread on riu... Scotty may be gone but he left this great tech. for the scroggers of the world... Changed the way i grow...

Dr Fish, thanks for the post. Can you please explain how to top/trim BEFORE applying the scrog screen. How do I get the 10-branches to begin with? Trimming below the screen seems to be self explanatory based on the pics. Is there a specific time to begin this? Since this will be my first grow ever (I'm using DWC with scrog); all the research I'm reading on trimming does not apply to the scrog technique. Also, one the characteristics of a scrog is more buds but smaller size. Are the nute requirements different because of this? I have fem Indica seeds coming. Thanks Tucker.

Hi, nice post. I am ScrOGging under a NeoSol DS (1000 W equiv) with portable ScrOGs. This is the first time I have used LED and see a huge difference over T5s from previous grows. The portable ScrOGs with the LED have improved my grow room beyond imagination! Thanks for your post!

Back
Top Bottom