Would this LED work for a single plant scrog!?

nomissimon

Hey what's up,

I'm quite new to this forum and new to the art of growing. I've grown outdoor plants before successfully but a lot has changed since I did that nearly 10 years ago. I've been doing some reading and I think I'd like to try growing indoors, in a grow tent, and using LED lights if possible. I haven't decided on a growing medium, but hydro seems the way to go.

I feel I might be getting in a bit over my head, but I have a couple simple (possibly) questions. For starters, would this LED light be enough to grow 1 healthy plant using the scrog method?:

And would this tent work well in combination with the light as an effective grow space?

From my understanding (and I'm new at this too, but a compulsive researcher) that one light is not going to really be optimal. However, if that is what you are going to use, a scrog is your best bet. The main complaint I have heard about LED is that they don't penetrate below the canopy. Scrog spreads out the canopy making more surface area. If this is the light you're going with, scrog may be your best bet, but it is not optimal. You should check out BID's TOPLED test journal. You can get more wattage for your buck with TOPLED. I was skeptical of a chinese manufacturer direct sell and ordered G8LEDs from Amazon, but now wish I had gone with the TOPLEDs.

Thanks you guys! I've opted instead for a small 150W HPS setup for my needs. A few extra considerations like stronger venting is a minor headache compared to wasting money on a useless LED. Thanks for your input!

If your still thinking LED i'd recomend this one. I just finished a 3 plant ScroG in a 2 x 3 closet and got just under 1000 g wet weight.

Diamond LED Grow Light - DS200 - 100x3w - 300w - 11-band - 2112 PAR
71RVvtQJq7LSL10241.jpg

Wowza, she's a beaut! Not a terrible price either, but I've decided to go the HPS route, and got a cheapy setup using a grow tent. Thanks for the suggestion though Maine! Would you happen to know anything about ventilation? Lol I'm still not 100% on what sort of fan Id need.

Back
Top Bottom