Yellow leaves below

Finnicki

Been growing two Bubba Cookies for two months and just turned the lights back to 12/12. Wasn’t concerned when I saw yellow on leaves at the bottom of plant. Now the color is appearing higher up. Using GeoFlora Veg on them though not the suggested amount. Less than that. Just used CalMag in water this am for first time during this grow. It was suggested to use this when using LED’s. FFOF soil. PH of water is fine. Soil is unknown. GeoFlora has nitrogen in it. Maybe time to up the amount. What do you pros think.

AE9BEFD6-4638-457C-990D-308B8EDDBF80.jpeg

E76455D5-B0C8-4CAB-8C22-F93E3E97543B.jpeg

Why are you not following the suggested feeding amounts? Seems to work fine for me. Magnesium is semi mobile, so it usually doesn't just show up at the bottom, it also shows up at mid level. It looks like you have just started blooming... when are you planning on giving the geoflora bloom? I think you are seeing the start of a potassium deficiency, which is a mobile element and would start out at the bottom.

I read where Em didn’t go to Flower immediately when turning back the lights. Next feeding I will switch. I seem to have a lot of granules of nutes on top a week later of Veg. Wish it would dissolve some. When do the professionals here start CalMag? Yes I prob started it late. How often should it be applied? One other q I had but can’t remember it now. MJ on the brain. Brain is dying on this stuff....

I read where Em didn’t go to Flower immediately when turning back the lights. Next feeding I will switch. I seem to have a lot of granules of nutes on top a week later of Veg. Wish it would dissolve some. When do the professionals here start CalMag? Yes I prob started it late. How often should it be applied? One other q I had but can’t remember it now. MJ on the brain. Brain is dying on this stuff....
Granules should be fully dissolved
CaMg every watering from week 2 to finish
You can gradually reduce the light to induce flowering hormones - I think it is more natural and effective since the sun doesn't just not come up one day then go out like a light
Give the plant a period of transition so when you do get to 12/12, she's ready to pop

I don't ever apply calmag until I actually need it. Too much cal or mag either one in the soil can end up locking out other things. Once you have a need, you should probably apply it every time you water, at some rate.

Regarding my delayed use of bloom formula, I regretted making that mistake and had similar deficiencies at the start of bloom because of it. Probably the week or at least the week after the flip, it is time for the bloom formula.

Don't worry about the grounds not dissolving after a week... by design it takes two weeks to have them disintegrate.

I didn’t know they actually disintegrated. In my pots they seem to reside on top of soil. Back to the basement I go. To turn the lights back up a few hours. & see if soil is moist at bottom of pots. Thanks to all who have chimes in today.

I didn’t know they actually disintegrated. In my pots they seem to reside on top of soil. Back to the basement I go. To turn the lights back up a few hours. & see if soil is moist at bottom of pots. Thanks to all who have chimes in today.
Sorry, I mistook what you were talking about when you said granules, I thought you meant soluble feed for water rather than a top dressing - I'll bow out

Should I leave the leaves on the plants, or trim them off? Will they fix themselves if I have found the answer for them with the CalMag?

Should I leave the leaves on the plants, or trim them off? Will they fix themselves if I have found the answer for them with the CalMag?
If they really bother you, trim them off, but know that they are not bothering the plant at all and until the plant actually drops them, it really isnt done yet grabbing all the goodies out of it. Magnesium damage will never repair... once robbed from the leaf, that section stays dead. You can keep it from spreading though, and keeping the leaf on the plant keeps the damage there, instead of moving up the stalk to the next set of leaves.

Back
Top Bottom