Yellow leaves, normal?

rumplestiltskin

Hey so I did a 3 week veg on this plant maybe 4 and that started from seed on 18th august. Been in flower for a while with nice green leaves and everything was going well.

my leaves are all starting to go yellow now, is it normal? Nearly time to harvest? My first proper grow!

2BF83451-5237-497D-9DD3-91479501671A.jpeg
0FD97FC1-0730-4E31-B16B-79D60D227600.jpeg
396CDE06-0069-4CBB-B713-C3BE02A2EDEB.jpeg

05025734-B57E-4EED-9131-90ACCFA83E53.jpeg

Towards the end of the grow, the plant's needs for potassium and phosphorus go way up as they are trying to finish out the buds, and if the plant is not getting what it needs from the soil or the nutrients being supplied, it will go to these larger leaves for the stored up nutrition it needs. Some will say that this end of season fading is normal, and indeed it is... but it can also be held off with proper nutrition right up to the end. If you have finishing nutes (high in P&K), now is the time to give them. I would estimate that you have around 2 weeks left, but the true judge of ripeness is the trichomes. Do you have a loupe so you can look at the color of those crystals forming on the tops of the buds?

Towards the end of the grow, the plant's needs for potassium and phosphorus go way up as they are trying to finish out the buds, and if the plant is not getting what it needs from the soil or the nutrients being supplied, it will go to these larger leaves for the stored up nutrition it needs. Some will say that this end of season fading is normal, and indeed it is... but it can also be held off with proper nutrition right up to the end. If you have finishing nutes (high in P&K), now is the time to give them. I would estimate that you have around 2 weeks left, but the true judge of ripeness is the trichomes. Do you have a loupe so you can look at the color of those crystals forming on the tops of the buds?

I'm growing in soil and only have been giving Biobizz Grow and CalMag throughout the whole of flower, didn't give anything during veg and was fine without any signs of deficiencies.

I have a loupe coming on Thursday, I am looking for cloudy trichomes right?

Thanks!

Now you have signs of deficiencies... and yes it is normal, but not necessary. You should be fine continuing just as you are... but expect more yellowing as you near the finish.

Clear trichomes are not ripe
Cloudy trichomes are being filled in and have the highest level of thc
Amber trichomes are ripe and have a good mix of thc and cbd
Darkened trichomes are over ripe and are degrading

I find that for the best overall long lasting high and medical benefits, waiting till there is around 2% amber at the very top of the plant, is the best time to harvest for full flavor and the full effect that I enjoy. Amber tends to give more of a long lasting body high while cloudy gives you a not as long lasting and more cerebral stone. Personally, I find cloudy gives me a headache and amber even at 2% relaxes me. Everyone will have their own personal preferences as to when the best time to harvest is, based on these effects. Many people do a staggered harvest the first time running a strain, so they can sample the trichomes at various stages, in order to see where they want to harvest that strain from then on.

Start using advanced nutrients and get rid of biobizz , and change strain , there is no thc or crystals forming no where on that strain , also it looks like the plant suffer from lack of oxygen , if u cant sleep and live inside that tent as a human and thrive , nor will the plant , u have to set up your growing area / tent to the point where u as a human could live there and love it there , if u love the temp , air etc , so will the plants , if u lock em up sinde a tent with no fresh air constantly flowing they will not produce anything good.
Hi @420Questions and welcome to the forum. You might want to check the OP's first picture... there were plenty of trichomes forming on those leaves and it looks like the biobizz is working just fine and the strain chosen to grow out is a good one. Everyone has their own personal preferences and I get reminded all the time that there are a thousand different ways to grow this plant... there is no need to recommend throwing out one nutrient line in favor of another or to assume that because you see a tent, that there is no air flow in there.

Back
Top Bottom