Yellow tips on end of leaves and indents in two leaves on plants

tomatofarmer

Welcome, I am not super concerned with what i have noticed with my girls, but i am concerned enough to ask the experts. One of my three plants has leaves throughout it that have the very tip of leaves yellowing and "clawing". Because of temps i have a space heater in there with it, this same plant got more heat than any other and actually had a leaf wilt and die because of the heat but not yellow (since then fixed but maybe its causing the yellowing tips?) I thought it might be nutes, but only one is showing the yellow tips. Maybe its a different strain that reacts differently or sumthing they are all bag seeds from unknown strains.

Photo_on_2012-12-09_at_18_46.jpg
Photo_on_2012-12-09_at_18_46_2.jpg

Also on at least one leaf on all my plants (no more than two leaves per plant) has these indents on the fan leaves. I immediately thought nutes right away. I 'had' this 250 watt inferred light that i was using that had sunburn warnings to people on the box, maybe its effecting the plants? (since than also changed) the leaves with the indents look healthy other then the slight indents of the leave

Photo_on_2012-12-09_at_18_47.jpg
Leaf37.jpg

Since i noticed these all the plants look really healthy except for the yellow tips and indents. But they are growing great and look great so that is relieving but if anyone has any ideas on what this might be or how to fix it it would be very appreciated. I am also doing research as im typing this so hopefully i can figure this out.

Sorry bout pics, could be better quality

check out my blog, there is a chart there that shows different problems that are similar to these pics you have posted.

maybe insects, I had spidermites and it started like paint splotches on the leaves. not sayin that is what your problem is though.
do you have a scope or jewlers loupe to look through? if so look on the underside of the leaves. most bugs dont like the direct light so they will hang underneath and chow,lay eggs and what ever.
I aint no expert just tryin to help:)

:peace:

Mmm dispatch of the infra red light thing that kicks out a lot heat which may contribute to heat burn issue's !

Some times this can be seen as inter veinal necrosis as well as the leaf blade edge's curly upwards... i use to suffer with a simaler problem with an old reflector...

Due to the design of some reflectors & the way they reflect light & heat is that may generate a heat spot in a certain place causing burn symptoms ! ( This can can look like nutrient def problem )

I do not think its a nutrient defeciency yet ?

But would certianly turn off that infra red bulb/light... thats just bad practise :peace:

Move the plants around to different locations to see if symptoms continue... if they do, it might be reflector design/heat spot issue - adjust height of reflector by 6 inches & monitor progress... could be a tempory thing tho intill plants toughen up to new light if ya use another light for another purpose ?

I may need addittional details for diagnosis if temps are an issue to cold or warm, size of extraction fan/brand name & modile etc grow space size prefer metric measurement cm's are good... Mmm bulb size would be good also & whether ya using MH in veg or hps in flowering or cfl's/T5's etc

As much detail as ya can provide really :thumb:

Please do not do it all in block text as ol fuzzy got glaucome in his eyes, hence i enjoy MMJ... block text is hard to read :peace:

Uh, It looks like heat stress to be perfectly honest. In your post it said that this one plant was too close to a space heater. That would be suspect #1. And then #2 would be the light. It could be a sensitve strain or the lights are too close to tops, or hot spots. get a light spreader for hot spot problems. OR if you are using a UVB source, its too early for that, wait till the 4th week of flower and only turn it on for 1hr total per daylight cycle. If too much UVB is given to the plant it will burn just like we do in the sun. It may be a nute def but they also look like light burn/heat stress. So keep a watchful eye on the progression of burnt/pocked material. If a it yellows up and turns necrotic then its a def. hit me up if u need anything else!:peace:

The yellowing tips could be from a number of things but since your talking about the indentations your finding I would say raise the light and also feed more nitrogen. Lack of N and also Manganese will lack chlorophyll in the leaves. And if its lacking that, light will burn the plants leaves since it can not protect it self from the lights rays. Also aim the fan over top of the plants canopy. It can be a very sensitive plant so it reacts differently to certain light.

The plants have been feed real good N fertz but im flowering so i laid off a little but i don think its low nitrogen. Also i have a MgCa supplement i've been giving them (real small amounts) I took out the harmful lights using all LEDS now, def going to move the fan down to get more plant focused air flow, good idea, thanks for responding guy.

The plants have been feed real good N fertz but im flowering so i laid off a little but i don think its low nitrogen. Also i have a MgCa supplement i've been giving them (real small amounts) I took out the harmful lights using all LEDS now, def going to move the fan down to get more plant focused air flow, good idea, thanks for responding guy.

No problem but Mg(magnesium) isnt the same as manganese. Manganese is what helps build chlorophyll

More grow. Which is your nitrogen. Low nitrogen will cause a manganese def. With out those 2 chlorophyll can not be made in the leaves. But since your in flowering I would just lay off the inferred light. Add a second fan. Have one facing east and the other west. That way if its heat related it would be alot better circulation. That strain is very sensitive im guessing. That yellowing between the veins isnt good. The yellow blotches, start adding more of the CaMg. If its CaMg+ add 10ml per gallon. If not start with 5ml per gallon. Wait a week and see how the new growth is looking. Dont worry about older foliage.

Back
Top Bottom