Yellowing leaves, spreading

Herb Dailly

Evening gents, I hope this finds you all well.

Yes, I'm a new guy who's found this place because he's got a problem with his first grow, I imagine that's not unusual!
I apologise in advance for any lack of subtlety or knowledge of ettiquete, but I really hope you can help.

I've tried to be good and read as much as I can before my head started spinning and now I'm hitting problems.

As follows;

Amnesia Haze 80% sativa x 8
SOG grow, went to 12/12 8 days after bedding in clones,now one week later
Indoor tent, 1m x 1m x 2m
Soil, 11 litre pots, using Gold ABC nutes (was using excelarator for roots but not any more)
600w HPS x 1 cooled by 4 inch extraction
Tent kept 26-28 C during day, 21-23 at night
RH currently 50, been at 65 for first week and tryign to get higher for early flowering.
PH 7
No sign of pests
Watering every 3 days, or 2 if required
Where nutes reccomend 2-4 mls, using 1 while plants are small

Problem - Yellowing of lower leaves spreading to some upper leaves

I had a little nute burn which suggests that I'm not underdosing but nothing crazy so I'm not overdosing either.

Watering seems to be OK, no drooping and the leaves are perky.

It looks to me like it might be a deficiency, maybe magnesium? Could this be becuase the PH is too high for it to be absorbed?

Like I say although I've attached a couple of pics, they don't show that on one plant it's spread from the lowest level of leaves.

I'm not sure what to do, they seem healthy and happy apart from this and their environment is as friendly as I can make it.

Any suggestions very gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance

Herb Dailly

20141201_210619_1_.jpg
20141201_210552_1_.jpg
20141201_210525_1_.jpg

They're not yellowing of course, not sure what the word is.

Frankly, I'm a bit caned at the moment, I'm quite impressed with how close I got tbh

They're not yellowing of course, not sure what the word is.

Frankly, I'm a bit caned at the moment, I'm quite impressed with how close I got tbh

yellowing of the bottom leaves is normal.
its basically the plant feeding on itself.
based on ur pics the plant looks quite healthy, aside from the slight nute burn which is ok.

if the yellowing rises up to high i would flush the system, and then add fresh nutes.
the plants may be locking out nutes.
make sure ph is in the right zone.

add SLIGHTLY more nutes than you usually do and see if the yellowing stops.

Good Luck.

Cheers, appreciate it and that's great news!

Out of interest can you point me in the direction of any good information on flushing soil? The only info I've found seems to be hydroponic.

Thanks for putting a noob's mind at ease ;)

Now I've read up on it, it's just like everything else i suppose- much less intimidating then first thought.

I haven't taken any action yet as they haven't been due to be watered, I'll see how they go tonight when they wake up.

Thanks again for the advice, a wee helping hand is invaluable to a noob, I'll toast your offspring at harvest time ;)

Back
Top Bottom