Yellowing leaves - what can the problem be?

Sith

Hello

I was looking through 420's pictorial on plant problems, but I'm not sure what problem best fits my situation..
I've grown before but I've never encountered this before..
Yellowing_leaves_2.JPG
Yellowing_leaves_1.JPG

My plants are about 1,5 months old, I have a 600w MH lamp and a 300w low energy lamp in my grow room,
temp 80 degrees F, 67 % air humidity.
I think the temperature is a bit high, but I can't do anything in the near future to change that, budget issues..

As you can see, I grow in soil, and I use the Flora series nutrients, Flora Micro, Flora grow, Flora bloom, 5 ml/10 l of water, I use these nutrients every time I water.

The plants seem to be ok otherwise, they grow pretty good, but I'm not sure if this can be a bigger problem soon if I don't do anything about it..
I'm inclined to believe this is either a problem of lack of some nutrient or too much of some nutrient.
If it's not some disease?

I would appreciate input about this!

Thank's for the answer, fatty!
Last time I was growing I didn't use the same kind of nutes..
I think I will stick to your advice!
If I overfeed my plants, do they grow slower, or what's the problem otherwise?

Basically you get salt build up in your soil if the plant dont use it all before your next watering its still in the soil so then your next feed is stronger if that makes sense I would use water for atleast the next couple of weeks then feed 1 in 3 waters also what soil you using because if it's like canna you wouldn't of needed any nutes yet I used to grow in soil and found the best way was regular pot ups the no nutes were needed until half way into flowering

Right on fatty! This is good advice! Soil holds onto the salts and they will build up and lock out your plants. Soon the salt levels are toxic and it'll eventually kill plants. Flush them with some epsom salts at around 300-400 ppm and then don't feed them for at least a few waterings. Then feed them every 2-3 waterings. I feed every other watering but I use a dosage that allows that. I never use 1000 ppm on my girls. 600-700 is good enough and I have yet to have build up in my soil. Hope this helped.

but surely the most important thing would be to know what ph the water or water/feed solution is?
you talk about lockout but only give watering advice..
sith, if your ph is wrong, all the food cant get in.

Knowing the ph of your solution is not a must in my opinion bad ph comes from feeding to much in soil I never owned a ph tester till I changed to hydro soil buffers but for your benefit about 6.8 to 7 is best .if you use the pot up method so you don't have to feed you don't need to ph your water and keeping nutes to a minimum and only feeding when needed and watering properly you won't get salt build up

but surely the most important thing would be to know what ph the water or water/feed solution is?
you talk about lockout but only give watering advice..
sith, if your ph is wrong, all the food cant get in.
Yes Ph is a major factor. Sorry my bad but I was thinking about soil buffering itself.

Knowing the ph of your solution is not a must in my opinion bad ph comes from feeding to much in soil I never owned a ph tester till I changed to hydro soil buffers but for your benefit about 6.8 to 7 is best .if you use the pot up method so you don't have to feed you don't need to ph your water and keeping nutes to a minimum and only feeding when needed and watering properly you won't get salt build up
This is what I'm talking about. Ph is a lot more important in water (but I know some experienced growers on this forum whom have messed with ph issues and they found that the plants still grew in ph 8.0 water!!!) Soil will fix its own ph. In fact the soils are set up with their own ph levels. But make no mistake, ph is something you should keep track of. Do me a favor though, test the ph levels of the run-off water before you go bat-shit crazy trying every trick in the book.

Back
Top Bottom