Yellowing plants

NorthernCosmos

Although my plants are producing buds and all, they are becoming very yellow. As you can see in the picture, there is quite the contrast between the green fresh 21 days old AK420 and the 62 days old yellow Amnesia and almost as yellow White Widow. The plants are all autos with a claimed turn around time of 75 days.

In the last couple of weeks they've only gained 1cm i height, and I'm picking steadily more yellow dried leaves. from the bottom and up to half way up.

I've read that yellowing, and dry bottom leaves are typical symptoms of root aphids (thread here). However, I only see a few of the little devils (although I don't now what's actually going on down in the root of course...). Could it, in part, be "old age"? Could it also be something else, and if so what would be your guesses? There are more details about the grow in my journal.

Day_62.JPG

I've stopped believing that, even though the net is full of those claims. As mentioned there are root aphids in the soil - could they do damage looking like that?

Edit: OK caught your comment in my Journal about possible potassium deficiency.
not just possible... that is a classic presentation of the damage it causes. The aphids didnt help the plant's ability to feed itself and definitely contributed... but this is macro nutrient abuse. :) Feed these plants...

Case solved!!!

All plants need food, so Autos are no different
I never treat an different, some strains yes, but Auto vs photo nope

:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom