Yet more on Amsterdam

Hestia

You guessed it...here's some more about my trip last year.:peace:

Not quite as stiff this morning. I got up, dressed and coffeed up to the gills. I was chomping at the bit to get going, must be as mad as a hatter. On the way by 11:00, I walked for about 10 - 15 minutes just sucking in the buildings and wonderful architecture. I came to a coffee shop called Resin. What a grand place to people watch. A very busy area wit people, bikes, trams and such. They had really good smoke and hot chocolate. I sat in the front window and talked to a lady from England. She had been here 16 times, wow. I haven't even been out of my own town that many times altogether. Sweet.

After leaving the Resin, I made my way over to Dam Square and to do a little shopping and site seeing, the usual tourist stuff. There is always something going on here. When I came to Amsterdam I had planned to see museums and such, maybe get a little couth going down. But ever since landing here I have done nothing but walk around and party. So much for art!

Anyway, back to the story. Coming from Dam Square I turned down donstratt until I came to sansi museum coffee shop. Another cool spot. It was crowded , but there was still room if you're were willing to share. I learned quick to table share so that's just what I did. I walked up to a table where there was a nice looking man of around 30 - 40 and asked if he minded my sitting. That's how I met Theo from London, England.

Yes, his name was Theo and he was a sweetie supreme. I got some hot chocolate and sat, loaded my pipe and lit up. Got to talking with my fellow table mate and as do a lot of conversations during my visit, the conversation turned to spiff.

Theo knows his spiff and seemed willing to share his thought with a reefer student. I asked him what type of smoke he thought was the best all around, all the time. After consideration he recommended purple haze, an oldie but goodie and a consistently fine smoke. Then Theo, gentleman that he is, proceeded to roll one up. It was magnificent. Every reefer I smoked during the rest of my visit I compared against that purple haze. Some made it, many didn't.

There's not much I can remember of the rest of the conversation after that purple haze, but I know we had a good time for about an hour. Then I decided to walk some more and enjoy the sunny skies.

On the way I stopped and had a waffle. I enjoyed it even if it could have been a bit fresher. Being high and with a case of the munchies I would have eaten a bicyclist, bike and all and enjoyed it all the same. Still, the waffles were great. Enough about them.

And another question I've got about the visitors to Amsterdam is what happened to all the color? Is it all Goth now? Honestly, I had a very subdued wardrobe for the trip and I stuck out like a bonfire at midnight. The only color I saw in 5 days was me and the drag queens. Honestly, if a black and white blouse is the most colorful thing in the room things are entirely too black. Johnny Cash had a reason, what's with these guys? Maybe I'm giving away my age, but I remember when hippies were artistic, colorful and willing to express their individuality. These guys were afraid to do anything but conform. It's a sad comment on the times.

At 5:00 I walked to my room and cleaned up a bit before heading out in search of adventure. About 5 min. Walk from my hotel is a coffee shop called Dutch Flowers. The view is one of the best in town if not the best. You can sit I the front window at tables and chairs and people watch until you croak. On Singal Canal next to a bridge on a corner. It was just beautiful. The only problem I had with Dutch Flowers was the guy behind the bar. I guess he had the famous Dutch attitude I had heard so much about, chest puffed out, nose in the air. Hey! Jack Ass! Get over yourself, I ain't impressed! After a short talk he got his arse off of the ceiling and started doing his job. We never had any problems after this. I stopped in there quite often during my wanderings and he and I always got along after that.

Then I walked town the Leidsestaat and did some window shopping. They had some of the most amazing shops full of all kinds of interesting things. Having promised to bring some cheese home from the trip, I stopped at a cheese shop. Their cheeses were works of art. True masters had made and aged these masterpieces of milk. I filled up on samples that ran from delicate to OhMyGod.

Next stop Leidseplein and the Dolphins coffee shop. It was on a side street and I passed it right by at first. Found it the second try after back tracking. It was a nice place, like being in a stoned aquarium. Walking in the door and up to the bar, who do I see but Theo. He says "sit down girl", so after getting my smoke and hot chocolate I do just that.

He told me how he had seen some young dude jump into a canal, stoned on 'rooms. They got the goober out and dried off. Theo tells a good story and so do I, so before long we were laughing our asses off...and smoking them off too. Having been to Amsterdam quite a few times he knows how to do the coffee shop crawl. When he invited me to come along and see the sights I said "hell, yeah".

So we floated out of the dolphins and walked into Leidsplein Square at 9:00 at night. The lights were all on. There were performers on stilts! Hot waffles! Sweets stands! And heads, heads everywhere. I'm so in love with this place. It's everything I've heard it was and lots more.

The next place we go to it the Bulldog in Leidsplein Square. The place is Bitchin'. It has the best hot chocolate I ever had. Super good get high too, as well as good music and a good crowd.

Now I must admit that after about 1 ½ to 2 hr. partying at the Bulldog we crawled some more. I'm sure there were at least 3 other places whose names escape me. All I can remember of them is that I had a great time! By 1:00 am I had had all the coffee & cannabis I felt I could take. Kind Theo got me to a tram and on my way home.. What a wonderful evening. Thank you Theo, you are a gentleman of the first order.:clap:

Very Good. sounds like it was a trip to remember.

i will be wating for the next installment.

Back
Top Bottom