Your Favorite Way To Flush!

RookieJuana

I've got four Northern Light Autos and one of them just entered their 9th week of flowering and the others their 7th. They are only expected to go to week 12 or 13. My question for all you experts is, what is your favorite way to flush? I keep reading about so many different products and was thinking about buying Flawless finish buy Advanced Nutrients. I also think my girls like the blackstrap molasses that I just started adding to their water. Also, should I stop my fox farm nutrients now or go a little longer? This will only be my second harvest and I am a complete rookie so I appreciate any help I can get! Thank you so much in advance! I love this place!

Attachments

• 20190313_205343.jpg
    20190313_205343.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 211
  • 20190313_205215.jpg
    20190313_205215.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 211
  • 20190313_205153.jpg
    20190313_205153.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 20190313_205025.jpg
    20190313_205025.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 20190307_104439.jpg
    20190307_104439.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 214
Im real simple about it. When I feel the plants ready to cut then I start a 2 week flush of tap water and raw yucca extract. I only use a small amt. like 1/8 teaspoon per gal. This stuff causes the h20 to become thinner and travel thru the plant faster and more thoroughly remove nute residues. The extra 2 wks also helps add a little bud growth

One thing new I will be try this year is to actually Flush my soil at the beginning of flush. I do lots of top feeding with quanos. This can help get rid of anything that is there and not used yet.

I had a plant that I double dosed with Cal/Mag on accident. I flushed the plants volume with water, letting everything drain into another bucket under it. It helped the problem it also helped the plant finish a little better than the others in the tent.
I always water tell I get run off but never this much. As long as the soil is completely drained before going back in the tent it is basically no different. Doing this also helps get rid of any built up salts nuits and any other crap in the soil. You can't do this to late in flush. The plant needs to still be sucking down lots of water so the soil does stay to wet for too long.

Me I start with straight ph water around 6 weeks not letting it drain out then do a full flush at 7 .Flushing until same going in is coming out. I do this in my bath tub :surf:

Me I start with straight ph water around 6 weeks not letting it drain out then do a full flush at 7 .Flushing until same going in is coming out. I do this in my bath tub :surf:
When should I stop feeding them nutrients?

When should I stop feeding them nutrients?

I stop feeding nutes at 6 weeks with out flushing but still adding ph water . It is all in the preferences. So on the 6-7 week with just ph water it uses up the nutes in the soil then flush at 7-8 and if the leafs are not turning yellow I flush again at the start of the 8th week
Most just flush at 7th week and ph water from there on. I go the little extra.

Personally, I like to flush them with ph 5.6 tap water really well the first day to wash all the salt buildup out, then I water to about 10% - 20% run off daily for the following 2 weeks afterwards.

Even Organic nuits should be flushed out. While you don't need to worry about chemicals. The burn will still be affected if there are too many nutrients left in the plant matter. It is always best to have your plants starving when you kill them LMAO.

I only use coconut water and aloe vera a little Chitin and silica.
Everything else comes from the worms and cover crop.

There is zero to flush.

Not to mention flushing doesn't do anything about the nutrients in the bud, it's not like you're washing out a coffee cup.
Even when you starve the plant for 2 weeks, all the mobile nutrients go from the leaves to the buds.

Back
Top Bottom