How Do You Germinate Your Autos?

RookieJuana

This is a question about autoflowers! Please help a rookie! I've got Sour Girl Auto seeds from CKS! I've done my research and I know the different methods but I'm here to get you experts' personal experience advice. What is your favorite way to germinate your Autoflower seeds? Do you do the wet paper towel method or just plant the seed directly and to soil? Also, do you start in a Solo Cup or their final container? Thank you so much in advance! I love this place!❤

Don't think folks do them any different than Regular or Fem seeds far as germinating goes so a personal preference kind of thing. The final container seems to have mixed schools of thought on far as Auto growers go (I have yet to grow one, so I have no personal thoughts on it).

24hrs in warm water, 24hrs+ in warm paper towel/plastic bag, then as long as it takes for tap root to reach 1/4 inch or so.

Seeds have a protective coating that dissolves as long as they are wet. If that is the case they will do their thing.

My opinion on pot sizes and transplanting is for fabric pots. Small to larger as plants grow makes most sense to me as the roots are exposed to the most oxygen this way.

But as stated, no one right way to germinate. Mostly personal preference in that stage.

rapid rooters.jpg

Soak til they drop. Drop into rapid rooter til they pop. Once up and before tap root takes off they'r in they're final can. Usually, or when I was dropping auto beans id just put the rooter in the final can with a clear plastic cup over it for umidity.

I just germinated 6 CKS seeds. Put them in a cup of water for a day or so. Into the damp napkins/paper towel. (keep moist). Once they all had little tails, dropped into solo cups. 4 photos, 2 autos. 8 days later, second set of leaves are developing. Expecting good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom