8 x Chronic Thunder - Scrog - Flood/Drain - 2 x Extreme Flower 360

bakermancanvw

Hello 420 members!

Back for my second journal. My first was not very thorough looking back and i've done a few runs since then. I am still learning a lot, but I have a had a few successful grows now and would like to try and journal this one all the way through to get some advice along the way. This will be 5th total run with this gear.

System:

I grow in a spare room inside my house. Inside of the room I have a 5*10 tent. The environment is clean.

I have a soleus air 13,000 btu mobile ac unit inside the tent which is more than sufficient to make sure there is fresh air with enough CO2. The ducts from the AC run outside the tent right outside the window. Have 1 large oscillating fan hanging on peg board on the wall of the tent to circulate air around.

Have been running greentrees flood/drain hydro system, 8 buckets with hydroton, 30 gallon res.

H&G nutes:
PH Stabilizer
A&B
Amino Treatment
Roots accelorator
Bud-XL
Top booster
Top shooter
Drip Clean
Hydrogaurd
Orca
also splashing a little Mad Farmer B-1 and MOAB

Lights are 2 led panels from advanced LED. 360 watt extreme flower.

We will be growing 8 cuttings of Chronic Thunder from a local nursery called soothing seed. I read that this is an indica strain which may not ideally be suited for hydro but I am giving it a shot. I like to try all different kinds of strains to see what likes the LED lights. On my last run the moonshine haze made super dense nuggets while the great white turned out fluffy for some reason.

I'll be scrogging to make best use of the lights and keep an even canopy.

My goal is to hit a full pound. For a very experienced grower I know that's a low bar especially for 8 plants but i've just trying to take it in steps. Last run I got a little over 12 oz which is only .46g/w. I also am just running more plants to keep veg times lower.

From my last grows i'm trying to really just figure out the roots. Most of the roots look fine but after i harvest and I yank out the pots i notice some dark roots and want to be able to keep pythium from growing. I don't have a chiller but my res temps don't ever seem do go over 22c when measured with a myron PH pen. The only thing I can think of is simply that the roots spend too much time under water when it floods. I think I might need to switch to DWC to see bigger yields and will probably try it next time.

Things I need to improve on from last time:
Mainly my scrogging. I need to make the full use of all of the net and all the space. Too many patches last time and I think this is the main thing behind maxing yield with LED. Also I need to keep the roots from turning brown at all and figure out what is causing it if it happens.

I will be getting my clones tomorrow morning. Will be posting pics of the setup in a little while. Just finished seterilizing the whole system from my last run with hydrogen peroxide and got fresh rocks and all new tubing. Should be a solid run, everything is plugged in, dialed in, cleaned, timers are set and we are ready...to...grow!!!

IMG_40617.JPG

Soleus air delivers the freshness

IMG_40604.JPG

Greentrees buckets get flooded about every 3 hours for veg every 2 for flower

IMG_40594.JPG

looks promising, subbed for more :thumb:

Thanks!

Just got the clones in the bucket this morning as planned. They look pretty healthy. While transplanting I noticed one of the clones had a small amount of brown root.

Now that i'm thinking about it should I go back to that one and trim the brown root off? I don't want that plant to get a rough start but most of the roots were healthy white you can tell the root was probably just a little too submerged.

Other than that one or 2 of the plants looked like one of the fan leaves started poking up toward the light. I can't tell if this is a transplant stress reaction or if it's the plant literally trying to soak up the LED in a good way.

I took one of my 5 gallon jugs, poured about 1 gallon in the res to leave about 4 gal in the jug. In the jug I put 1/4 tsp A, 1/4tsp B, 1/2 tsp B-1, and 1/2 tsp roots accelorator. So a very very light nute mix just to get them used to it and some B-1 for the shock. Mixed it up very well in stages and after transplant I gave each one just a little splash.

On past grown I think I went to the nute res too soon and drowned the little baby roots and causes rotting early on. This time I plan on doing more hand feeding untill they can take more.

Hopefully they take to the new environment well and I don't lose any. This is my 5th run of 8 plants and so far i've only ever lost 2 total so my transplant success rate is pretty good.

IMG_40764.JPG

Conditions are good

IMG_40723.JPG

leaf poking up a bit high? this was within a few minutes of bringing them into the tent with the lights on.

IMG_40713.JPG

light seems good!

IMG_40685.JPG

the first day and the last day are always the most fun!

IMG_40654.JPG

slight amount of brown there, should I cut it? I know on adult plants yes, but this new clone?

It's almost noon, checked on them and the seem ok. A few more of them look like the blades of the lower fan leaves are bending upward. Not a curling of the side of the blade but the whole blade similar to the one in the pic. The new growth on top looks fine. I know the plugs are moist but I will splash a little more micro nutes on them before heading out to work in about 30 min.

Asked the lady from the nursery what light cycle she had them on and she said 18/6 starting at 2am ending 8pm. I will be pushing that back slightly and set the timer to off at 10pm and have them coming on at 4am for veg phase.

Got home from work late. Just set the light timer to off at 10pm and on at 4am.

Expecting for it to take a few days for them to "take" to their new environment like normal but I don't see any major stress so it looks like i'm in the clear so far. Splashed em again with the micro nute mix before lights off. Will be feeding them 3-4 times daily keeping the plug soaked over the next few days.

Seems like they are taking ok. on day 4 now in the buckets not wilting or anything so I think i'm pretty much in the clear for a good transplant. Will continue hand watering from the top for another day other 2 to make sure before I start the regular flood/drain cylce. Had to mix up another batch of micro nutes this time added more roots accel.

It's been a minute! And while I have not been slacking on the garden one bit, the point of this is to document so I can't be slackin! So after the last update I topped them the first time to make 2 tops, over the last week they grew enough for me to top them all again so now each plant has been topped 3 times total. Just mixing up fresh nutes now keep everything close to same strength as before as they look slightly dark but not too dark. The LED makes it really hard to tell from the pics. will need to start thinking about getting my scrog ready over the next week or so...

So far they look healthy.

IMG_41443.JPG
IMG_41455.JPG
IMG_41466.JPG
IMG_41476.JPG

wow they exploded with growth, good job :)

best of luck with whatever the future holds ;)

All looking well. It's been a little over a month now since I put them in and normally I would be flipping lights around now but I really need more weight this run.

I set up the screen last night and the plants were all the way through it and I could bend them back under. But then today decided to lift it about 8 inches so it will take another week or 2 to fill the screen out.

Changed the res today upped the strength but just a tad. Also did a final topping of all plants. May there be many colas.

IMG_43015.JPG

^before raising the screen

IMG_43276.JPG

^ lifted the screen

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Wow, so... i have been extremely busy but dont worry the grow was has finished. I harvested on wednesday i expect the buds will be dry enough to jar in a day or 2 and at that time i will get a weigh in.

I will also be posting pocs of course. Applogies to the community and myself as I did what I did on previous journals; had a good start and was active and then kinda fell off on my updates. But I the grow dis not suffer! Quality looks outstanding just hoping the weight will be there.

Good news: reason i have been too busy to update on top of work is that I have been preparing to upgrade the room; I have schduled to have a ductless ac installed in the room, i am getting 2 more led panels, ditching the tent, sealing the room, going co2, and possibly switching to a new hydro system. I think after 5 ebb n flow runs i am ready for dwc and am liking what i see from bubblebuckets and the cheaper price compared to current culture.

Will post pics and final weights in a few days!

Back
Top Bottom