Hydro Flood & Drain 1st Time Grower

Dabs4Days

So this is my first indoor grow by myself, i have grown outside and i have helped friends with they're indoor gardens but this time i have saved up to build what i wanted to do and this is my blog. Please feel free to ask questions, make comments or give advice!

Equipment:​

• - 4'x10' tent
  • - 3'x3' Flood & Drain table
  • - 1000W Digital ballast
  • - 4' LED strip
  • - Monster 8" hood
  • - 8" inline HV fan
  • - 6" inline HV
  • - Tall boy 6" carbon filter
  • - 20gal. Res.
  • - Air pump w/ 2 air stones
  • - Blue labs Guardian for Ph and ppm
  • - XGC-1e Green house controller & 10lb Co2 tank

Medium​

- 6" grodan (rock wool)
- Hydroton

Nutrients for flowering room:​

- General Hydro
- Micro
- Bloom
- Floralicious
- Kool Bloom liquid & dry
- Heavy 16 FIRE
- Heavy 16 Foliar spray

*** Running lucas ***

Nutrients for Vegetation room:​

- Heavy 16 line up

I am making a switch from GH to Heavy 16 in my next set of plants but for the moment since i have the Heavy 16 line i am using the foliar spray and the Fire as additive for my flower room. i really must say that the Heavy 16 Foliar does WONDERS!!!!

I am currently in my second week of flower in these pictures below, and i am growing 1 plush berry kush, 2 OG-18's, 1 red cherry berry (in soil), and 1 L.A. confidential (very small plant that was just thrown in last minute due to my veg room not being done.

The way my garden is set up:

Using the Monster 8" hood with 1000W HPS lighting and an 8" inline high velocity fan i am pulling in the cold air from out side into the room, this cools off my light and also works as the a/c for the room. The *" inline fan has a speed adjustment attached to it so that its easier to control the cold air flow ( i was having a problem with the room getting way to cold, sometimes down to 61 degrees in the middle of the night). Originally i had put a space heater in the room to try to heat it up as well as create a bit more humidity but after using it i just started to think that it seemed to be a very inefficient way of heating the room especially when i already had a HPS 1000w bulb. So that being said i set out to search for other alternatives and i found something much more efficient and less energy consuming as well!

These plants are thread through 2 layers of a trellis set up with about 12"-14" gap between the layers. The plants are being fed twice a day throughout the 12 hour period where the lights are on and there is an 8 hour gap between those feeding times. currently in week 2 of flowering i have my reservoir set at a Ph of 5.8 and a PPM ranging from about 1400-1560. The OG's seem to be the only ones that show nutrient deficiency and they did appear to be rather sensitive at times during the veg period.

Just added the XGC-1e green house controller and Co2 at week 2 of flowering, thought i wish i had used this the whole time through veg and flower i was on a budget and couldn't install until now

photos of the room and plants during veg.

image-024.jpeg

View image in gallery

Photos of plants in flower

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom