Martini's First Grow 5/6/17: Advice & Help Welcomed

re: Martini's First Grow 5/6/17 - Advice & Help Welcomed

Not a bitch at all, thank you very much for the info! I definitely will be starting in gallons from now on, and as far as the lighting, I will do that ASAP, I have a 600w light as well as a 400w ballast I can throw in there for now...and the watering, I try to make sure I get drainage every time, not a lot, but like drips with about a second or 2 interval. I'll do what I can about the lights right now and send pics

Ballast doesn't like my wall plugs, so I'm going to have to get an extension cord and run it from my pilot...the bulb is a Hortilux Super HPS LU400S

Not a bitch at all, thank you very much for the info! I definitely will be starting in gallons from now on, and as far as the lighting, I will do that ASAP, I have a 600w light as well as a 400w ballast I can throw in there for now...and the watering, I try to make sure I get drainage every time, not a lot, but like drips with about a second or 2 interval. I'll do what I can about the lights right now and send pics

A 400 watt lamp will only cover an area of 3 feet by 3 feet. The 600 watt should cover 42 inches by 42 inches.

So all your pots have to fit in that area. Me, I wouldn't be fiddling around with the 400 if I had a 600 on deck.

Metal halide or High Pressure Sodium?

How have the bugs fared out?

Have you noticed some growth starting after the transplant?

Cheers "The Bitch" :)

Yes sir, now what should I do about my electrical? Because the ballast doesn't like plugging into the wall at my house...it doesn't get enough power.
Haven't noticed any bugs at all and have checked very closely.
Yes, they grew about 3" since the transplant :)

Yes sir, now what should I do about my electrical? Because the ballast doesn't like plugging into the wall at my house...it doesn't get enough power.
Haven't noticed any bugs at all and have checked very closely.
Yes, they grew about 3" since the transplant :)

You any good with wiring? 120/240 that is.

Do you know if you have HPS or MH?

Cheers

Here is an update from 5/31/17
Upgraded lighting to 400w Hortilux Super 400
IMG_171736.JPG
image38088.jpg
image38087.jpg

Move your light to within 25 inches of the plants. Seems way too high.

The next problem is 400 watts will only cover a 3 foot by 3 foot area. You have to squeeze all your plants into a 3 by 3 area.

If you cant, rotate them if you have to for now. Placing the light high up doesn't work and will cause intermodal space to get larger.

Move your light to within 25 inches of the plants. Seems way too high.

The next problem is 400 watts will only cover a 3 foot by 3 foot area. You have to squeeze all your plants into a 3 by 3 area.

If you cant, rotate them if you have to for now. Placing the light high up doesn't work and will cause intermodal space to get larger.

Should I bump it up to 600?

Should I bump it up to 600?

oh, forgot. We're gonna move your lamp even closer once they get used to the new spectrum.

At 400 we will shoot for 17 to 18 inches away and at 600 we will shoot for 22 to 23.

1157989-Foot-Candle2520Chart2520HPS2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom