Martini's First Grow 5/6/17: Advice & Help Welcomed

re: Martini's First Grow 5/6/17 - Advice & Help Welcomed

Bahahaha man, my brain is already over heating! Yes, I grabbed 2 bags :).
Ah ok forsure, I'll take them back to the store, and hopefully thy take it back!

Hey Sneaky, just got home and it's transplant time!!! How should I do it since these babies will still have the old soil with them correct? And should I use Captain Jacks prior to the transplant? Thanks

Hey Sneaky, just got home and it's transplant time!!! How should I do it since these babies will still have the old soil with them correct? And should I use Captain Jacks prior to the transplant? Thanks

If some of the old soil breaks away or can easily be removed take off what you can. If it doesn't, oh well not much you can do about it.

Cover that old soil with new. Lets hope all the visitors have hatched already and all we have to deal with are just these small plugs.

Go easy and gentle. Maybe visit with the captain after the work is complete. :)

Cheers

Remember to break that soil up to a fine consistency, toss out the chunks and mix in oxygen.

It really is a boring tedious job, but some ones gotta do it.

Very well! I spent about 10 mins mixing it up super nice and fine :), here we go!

Very well! I spent about 10 mins mixing it up super nice and fine :), here we go!

Fastest mixer on the face of the earth. It takes me 10 minutes just to do a quarter of a bag. Did you break up all the clumps into fine particles? Even those 1/2 inch thick clumps?

Lol I figured a comment of that nature was coming lol... yes, i somewhat broke it up in the bag before even opening it and then my lay and I went Master Tiller on the soil lol not a single clump, also, as I added to the pots, I broke up even more in my hand acting as a trowel so just in case I missed any! Well, transplant is done! Now watering until it drains correct?

Hey martini the plants are lookng good. Theirs nothing like your first grow. Sorry to hear about your pest problem, did you get it taken care of? I know when something like that happens we want to be quick with the cure but if you go to sierra natural sciences web site you can get free samples of some great organic natural pesticides. Some are systemic but all of their products are safe to use and are tested and approved for cannabis.

Ps.....sorry it took so long to find your journal, I know how it can be when it feels like your just talking to yourself

Hello! Thanks for actually taking the time to write. Thanks for the compliments, I'm a freak when I don't know things, I try too ask ask ask, and this is all new, I love this though, it's so incredibly rewarding! Well, I kept hearing of SnS but I was in a rush to get it taken care of before it got worse, I grabbed some of that Captain jack Deadbugs spray, and did the first treatment and hopefully the last today, right before my transplant. Regarding that, JUST FINISHED! A whole 2 hours later! Lol but I am going to get my hands on that sns jut to have around, idk if you have read much, but I'm trying to stay as organic as possible! Thanks again!

Btw, here is the room and babies! Successful transplant on 5/27/17
IMG_169926.JPG
IMG_170130.JPG
IMG_170231.JPG

Only what was on the plant itself, I didn't want to break off any roots, I got off as much dirt as I could, but the roots were everywhere. But no, I did not

Only what was on the plant itself, I didn't want to break off any roots, I got off as much dirt as I could, but the roots were everywhere. But no, I did not

Ok I was curious. I see so much vermiculite in some of the pots. The stuff I get here has very little. So that's what triggered the question. Some companies use it as a filler when they are running out of compose. Some is ok, but a lot just robs you of natural nutrients.

Cheers

Ok I was curious. I see so much vermiculite in some of the pots. The stuff I get here has very little. So that's what triggered the question. Some companies use it as a filler when they are running out of compose. Some is ok, but a lot just robs you of natural nutrients.

Cheers

Yea, I did notice that as well, the ones where you see the Verm, it's because when I watered, I didn't need to add top soil because it was covered and it exposed more of that, the ones where you can't see as much, I added more NC after the water and didn't wet it down... that's only my theory, yes, the NV has WAY less than the Gox Farms, the NC smells way more fresh I guess you can say!

Yea, I did notice that as well, the ones where you see the Verm, it's because when I watered, I didn't need to add top soil because it was covered and it exposed more of that, the ones where you can't see as much, I added more NC after the water and didn't wet it down... that's only my theory, yes, the NV has WAY less than the Gox Farms, the NC smells way more fresh I guess you can say!

So for the next two days there will be little movement. Keep them wet. During this time the roots will make there way into fresh soil. After 3 to 4 days vigorous grow should return. Like wildfire :)

They were indeed root bound. Once they get this way they use up all the nutrients in the soil and start to show signs of deficiencies. However they will quickly recover.

Time to get ready for the next phase. Lots of work ahead.

Cheers

Awesome! Man I look forward to opening this website all the time! Lol the info is so awesome, I'm gettin nervous and excited! Quick question, I have a 4x4 tent that I could set up, what would be the advantages/ disadvantages between that and having my 4x8 up if I only have these plants? Just wondering because I lost some poles on my 4x8, well I lost a lot somehow, and it's a bit pricey to order more, if it's not a crazy disadvantage, I'll jut use the 4x4, but if it's like double the yield in the 4x8, I'll just take the leap lol. Thanks!

Awesome! Man I look forward to opening this website all the time! Lol the info is so awesome, I'm gettin nervous and excited! Quick question, I have a 4x4 tent that I could set up, what would be the advantages/ disadvantages between that and having my 4x8 up if I only have these plants? Just wondering because I lost some poles on my 4x8, well I lost a lot somehow, and it's a bit pricey to order more, if it's not a crazy disadvantage, I'll jut use the 4x4, but if it's like double the yield in the 4x8, I'll just take the leap lol. Thanks!

You can put 16 pails in a 4 x 4 tent. Then you only need to run one lamp. The down side is there isn't much room to move around. It will be tight. But doable.

Cheers

Ok ok, I figured that would be the problem, wouldn't be able to get in the tent. Having the one light would somewhat hurt production though correct?

Ok ok, I figured that would be the problem, wouldn't be able to get in the tent. Having the one light would somewhat hurt production though correct?

Yes wattage and yield are directly tied together. But there are tricks to increase your yield. First and most important is having the patience to let them grow up before switching to 12/12. 70 days veg. Rotate the buckets as well as change there positions. Trim at the 5th node. Shit like that.

With a good plant and 1000 watts, ringing the pound bell should be close at hand.

Back
Top Bottom