Martini's First Grow 5/6/17: Advice & Help Welcomed

re: Martini's First Grow 5/6/17 - Advice & Help Welcomed

Awesome, well, I think I'll just order those poles then because my first goal other than beautiful ladies, is pound per light out of that tent. So I'll make that adjustment. Yes, I'm in no rush to start them flowering yet, especially since this is an F1, no one knows what it's gonna be like really. I just hopped onto 20-4, they were 24-0 up until last Monday I think I changed them. I will definitely hold of until they are ready, and 5th node trimming? What is that? And what exactly are the node counts? I think I know, (where the branches come out, each section is a node) but I'm not sure. Thanks

m28a.jpg

Awesome, well, I think I'll just order those poles then because my first goal other than beautiful ladies, is pound per light out of that tent. So I'll make that adjustment. Yes, I'm in no rush to start them flowering yet, especially since this is an F1, no one knows what it's gonna be like really. I just hopped onto 20-4, they were 24-0 up until last Monday I think I changed them. I will definitely hold of until they are ready, and 5th node trimming? What is that? And what exactly are the node counts? I think I know, (where the branches come out, each section is a node) but I'm not sure. Thanks

24/0 20/4 - You need to be careful with this. Watch your plants at the end of a lighting cycle. If they start to droop, then you know they aren't tolerating it. Not many strains will. I usually never go beyond 19/5. I have one that droops at 17 hours. Watch your plants. They will speak the truth.

We're going to get you to trim the main stem just after the 5th node. But no worries that's a while off. Depending on the plant, there may be more trimming as we go. Time will tell. I don't do any sort of LST training. Only a trim here and there.

Yes a node is where the branches come out to sun leaves and 2 grow tips.

Do you intent to do any cloning?

This is the pattern I'm in. Only have 5 decent plants, all a bit different so now I gotta take some clones. My second grow will be 12 plants under 1000 watt HID. But all one kinda plant to maximize lighting. So will do the smoke test with these one now and see whos the winner to move forward into the next grow.

Wow! What an explosion!
Hmm okay, well, I was going by what the cannabis bible said...that's one of my go to's besides you guys and my other grower buddy... so I take in as much info as I can, the Bible said 24/0 unless you go 18/6 it's the growers choice, and then when it's time to flower, 12/12, obviously. So what I did was stick to the 24/0, then last week my grower buddy said to introduce 20/4, so I did, and not showing much problems, I mean, that I know of, and by end of light cycle you mean before I turn the lights off? If so, I haven't experienced a single issue like that with the light periods, they either grow, or look super happy...but I will keep a close eye, as I normally do anyways, the only thing I've noticed after the transplant, and idk if it was the transplant or the spray, but on one of my babies, the 3 pronged fan leaf is starting to get a lighter shade of green starting from the edges.
As far as cloning, yes, I think we are going to go with clones, we have like 60 more seeds, but the way these are going, we might end up cloning them, my little brother has a nice operation that he works with and they want to trade clones of mine come out good...why do you ask about the cloning?

I understand what you mean by lighting period now...and honestly, not one droops or even looks sad when I go to turn off the light, they all look like they are reaching for that light, literally lol I even had my girl check on the plants while I was at work today since it was the day after a lot of stress, and she got super happy looking at them, she said they look so happy! Lol :) but then again, I'm completely new to growing, farming, gardening, all that, so I have no info or knowledge other than what I'm fed/ingest, so I always keep my mind and eyes open thanks!

Wow! What an explosion!
Hmm okay, well, I was going by what the cannabis bible said...that's one of my go to's besides you guys and my other grower buddy... so I take in as much info as I can, the Bible said 24/0 unless you go 18/6 it's the growers choice, and then when it's time to flower, 12/12, obviously. So what I did was stick to the 24/0, then last week my grower buddy said to introduce 20/4, so I did, and not showing much problems, I mean, that I know of, and by end of light cycle you mean before I turn the lights off? If so, I haven't experienced a single issue like that with the light periods, they either grow, or look super happy...but I will keep a close eye, as I normally do anyways, the only thing I've noticed after the transplant, and idk if it was the transplant or the spray, but on one of my babies, the 3 pronged fan leaf is starting to get a lighter shade of green starting from the edges.
As far as cloning, yes, I think we are going to go with clones, we have like 60 more seeds, but the way these are going, we might end up cloning them, my little brother has a nice operation that he works with and they want to trade clones of mine come out good...why do you ask about the cloning?

Cloning affects how and when we trim.

you set up and have all the stuff for cloning?

I understand what you mean by lighting period now...and honestly, not one droops or even looks sad when I go to turn off the light, they all look like they are reaching for that light, literally lol I even had my girl check on the plants while I was at work today since it was the day after a lot of stress, and she got super happy looking at them, she said they look so happy! Lol :) but then again, I'm completely new to growing, farming, gardening, all that, so I have no info or knowledge other than what I'm fed/ingest, so I always keep my mind and eyes open thanks!

I'll bet they do :)

Set up your lighting period for 18/6 for a few days. we"ll do some photos. But first, lets give them that rest period to wash out toxins.

Cheers

Search on google - what plants do at night. They need a rest period.

Heres a quote.

If you remember your high school biology, during daylight hours, plants use sunlight to convert carbon dioxide and water (through photosynthesis) into carbohydrate compounds–AKA starches. Then, at night, they break down these stored starches to power their continued metabolism and growth.

I think you will find 24/0 is one of those things some do that in the end isn't right.

Cheers

I do not really know what cloning entails, I just have my busy who is gonna come down and help lol. And yes, I totally understand what you are saying about the night schedule, I mean I pretty much thought so, but like I said, I don't know what's going on lol just trying to learn!!
I shall do that in a few days, right now I'm going to have to figure out what is going on because I'm getting a slight deficiency, some of my fan leaves are turning a lighter green from the tips heading onward, slight slight discoloration

I do not really know what cloning entails, I just have my busy who is gonna come down and help lol. And yes, I totally understand what you are saying about the night schedule, I mean I pretty much thought so, but like I said, I don't know what's going on lol just trying to learn!!
I shall do that in a few days, right now I'm going to have to figure out what is going on because I'm getting a slight deficiency, some of my fan leaves are turning a lighter green from the tips heading onward, slight slight discoloration

After two 18 hour light cycles, we'll tune your grow for you if you wish. It will be time to push them.

Ok! Wow, it will be time to push? As in time to flower? I don't get what the push means... and sounds good, I'll post all the details and have you tune it it properly...could I wait a couple days before hitting them with the 18/6?

Ok! Wow, it will be time to push? As in time to flower? I don't get what the push means... and sounds good, I'll post all the details and have you tune it it properly...could I wait a couple days before hitting them with the 18/6?

Flowering, no. You have a long way to go before you push that button.

But we can push them in the veg state to grow quickly. Or at least at an optimum rate.

I see I see! I was thinking...I thought flowering wouldn't be for a while longer? Anyways , sweet, that's exactly what I want to do, grow my babies at their optimum condition! I'll post pics later. Thanks!!!

I see I see! I was thinking...I thought flowering wouldn't be for a while longer? Anyways , sweet, that's exactly what I want to do, grow my babies at their optimum condition! I'll post pics later. Thanks!!!

I'll wait for the photo.

Here are the babies! Thy doubled pretty much lol. Also noticing some spots on the leaves though, some had them, and some just occurred
IMG_170927.JPG
IMG_170822.JPG
IMG_171030.JPG
IMG_171126.JPG

Straight. I'm not trying to play around. This is something I truly want to learn
Thanks

Ok,

Hate to be the bearer of not so great news. On the positive side we know what the issues are and how to correct itt.

- Your plants look like they are about 2 weeks behind in development. The photo below is a plant at day 25. Use this to compare. This plant is only one day older than yours.

First problem - Left in solo cups too long. This has been corrected. On the next grow consider starting seeds in one liter pots. Gives them a little more time before the first transplant and water balance in better

Second problem - Soil. As discussed.

Third problem - Not enough light. FL's are great for seedlings, however HID is needed to push them harder.

Maybe an issue - Water. Ensure you get a small and I mean small amount of drainage out of each pot every day when you water. Mj is a ditch plant and requires more water than the average house plant.

Maybe still an issue - Soil. I'm concerned about the pots that show heavy vermiculite. Did you get a bad bag of NC? Dunno. Something might be up. This needs to be watched.

As of now your biggest issue is with lighting. You need to get them under HID lighting as soon as possible. Metal halide or high pressure sodium. Would be nice if you had metal halide but if not High pressure sodium will do. I've done many grows start to finish with HPS will good results. They just don't grow quite as fast as Halide would in veg, but way better than FL's.

If you tell me what type and wattage of bulb you have I can tell you how far away your lamp should be when you first introduce them to HID lighting. The light will be set high and gradually moved closer as the plants need time to accustom themselves to the different spectrum.

Getting them under HID lighting is priority one. Couldn't happen soon enough. I don't use FL's for anything other than cloning.

Sorry hate to be a bitch. :)

Cheers

243a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom